Player Discussion Carey Price - Need a Jesus Price resurrection [MOD WARNING 526]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
look at andersen's numbers in toronto.....and then come back and try to tell me Price is worth DOUBLE what andersen makes :rolleyes:

and he has the most shots against in the entire league
Once again... John Tavares will be paid significantly more than Crosby will when he gets his new deal. That's the way inflation works. If Anderson has great seasons and goes UFA, he'll get paid too.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
look at andersen's numbers in toronto.....and then come back and try to tell me Price is worth DOUBLE what andersen makes :rolleyes:

and he has the most shots against in the entire league

How many awards, championships and medals does Andersen have more than Price? Price's statistics over the 4 last years (excluding this one) are much better than Andersen's. I will add that when Andersen won the Jennings, Gibson had better stats for about the same amount of play. When Price won the Jennings, he carried the team on his shoulders. He probably was nominee to NHL awards many more times than Andersen has. It's no wonder he got that big and fat contract. The fact that he was a nominee for the Vezina again last year while some other goalies had better stats overall shows that most people recognize that the Habs wouldn't be the same team without him.

Yet. It's true that Lindgren had some better games. It's also true that the last few games he played before being sent down were much worse. Lindgren's stats in the AHL are also very similar to Price's and you could almost say that both teams are similar.

I don't believe that Price has regressed.
I don't believe he's the reason the Habs are so bad.
.. but I believe that this team is built the wrong way

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Once again... John Tavares will be paid significantly more than Crosby will when he gets his new deal. That's the way inflation works. If Anderson has great seasons and goes UFA, he'll get paid too.

We've recently seen examples of this when Stamkos signed for more than Crosby.. oh wait.... anything to justify Price's ridonkulous contract am I rite ? TOTES WORTH IT!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We've recently seen examples of this when Stamkos signed for more than Crosby.. oh wait.... anything to justify Price's ridonkulous contract am I rite ? TOTES WORTH IT!
Yes and hopefully we don't sign Tavares... don't want a guy with zero good seasons here. That would suck.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yes and hopefully we don't sign Tavares... don't want a guy with zero good seasons here. That would suck.

Who said that ? I will guess you think me, but it will only show how disingenuous you are, or how you can't read worth a damn. Or maybe it shows how good = great in your book. You're pretty hard to follow.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who said that ? I will guess you think me, but it will only show how disingenuous you are, or how you can't read worth a damn. Or maybe it shows how good = great in your book. You're pretty hard to follow.
Nope, no Hart trophies... he sucks. No good seasons there. Plus he'd make way more than Crosby. What a terrible signing he'd be.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Who cares about Stamkos, I just hope we don't sign Tavares. No good seasons and he'd make more than Crosby. Who needs that guy?

As long as he doesn't make as much as Price I think he'll be a good deal since he's a better more consistent asset than Price.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Yeah, just like Subban's contract was supposed to be eclipsed by other defencemen in the league, yet here we are, 4 years into his contract and we've yet to see another D even get a matching contract. I mean Burns' cap hit (8M) is the closest and he's still 1M off Subban's. If Doughty and Karlsson get more, it'll be after 5 whole seasons.

In Price case, it might be even longer before a goaltender gets a comparable contract. Realistically, Bobrovsky's the only goalie that will even get close in the next 5 years.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Nope. No good seasons and 1.5 times more than Crosby. Bad move.

Remind me again, who said that Tavares had no good seasons ? Or... that he'd make 1.5 times more than Crosby ?

I guess that making stuff up is your last line of defense. A wee bit sad I'll say...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Remind me again, who said that Tavares had no good seasons ? Or... that he'd make 1.5 times more than Crosby ?

I guess that making stuff up is your last line of defense. A wee bit sad I'll say...
Nope. No scoring titles so he obviously had no great seasons. And his cap hit will be more than Crosby. Obviously he can't help us and we shouldn't sign him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, just like Subban's contract was supposed to be eclipsed by other defencemen in the league, yet here we are, 4 years into his contract and we've yet to see another D even get a matching contract. I mean Burns' cap hit (8M) is the closest and he's still 1M off Subban's. If Doughty and Karlsson get more, it'll be after 5 whole seasons.

In Price case, it might be even longer before a goaltender gets a comparable contract. Realistically, Bobrovsky's the only goalie that will even get close in the next 5 years.
So the right thing to do was to let Subban walk?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's the 7th time you say this. Get some new material.
Take your own advice. Stop coming in here with inconsistencies and bashing a player who's consistently proven you wrong. It's fine to not like a player or believe in him. But to come in and contort your arguments the way you have is ridiculous. You do it often and I'm going to continue call you out on it. The idea that a goalie has to win a Vezina to have a great season is absolutely stupid. And you wouldn't argue it except you don't want to admit you've been wrong.

As for the contracts... you have to remain consistent. If you're going to ignore the economic realities for players you don't like, then you have to do it for others as well. If you don't you can expect to be called out on that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad