Player Discussion Carey Price - Need a Jesus Price resurrection [MOD WARNING 526]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
If Bergevin (or whoever GM comes next) finally sees the teams needs a re-build, it might be the time to consider moving Carey. I would never think this could be a possibility when you have a goaltender with Price's talent, but his contract is going to be a real damn pain and you just can't ignore it, no matter how good he is.

Bergevin missed his window with Plekanec, Markov and Pacioretty. This one could be huge.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Bergevin (or whoever GM comes next) finally sees the teams needs a re-build, it might be the time to consider moving Carey. I would never think this could be a possibility when you have a goaltender with Price's talent, but his contract is going to be a real damn pain and you just can't ignore it, no matter how good he is.

Bergevin missed his window with Plekanec, Markov and Pacioretty. This one could be huge.

Carey can't be moved. The league would disallow it.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Would be really nice to get a top 6 forward or top pairing D for him. Won't happen though.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
Awful contract by an awful gm. Yikes. Though would've been nice to see what the market for him would've been.

Reactions: Znthnk

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Price is MB's meal ticket,

Price's play works in MB's favour both ways.....if Price plays great it makes MB look good, if Price is injured, or plays bad, MB can use that as an excuse for the teams failure,

Price is the reason why MB has a job, and MB knows that.....why the heck would he trade him?.....MB will ride on his coat tails for as long as possible,

If MB trades Price, his excuses will be gone too

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I think alot of people are way too harsh on Carey, he needs some time off thats all. Hes going to be back at the top of the ladder in no time. I know when Carey comes back hes gonna be as hungry as a Lion.

Its not the first time Carey has faced some adversity and he always came back stronger.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
I think alot of people are way too harsh on Carey, he needs some time off thats all. Hes going to be back at the top of the ladder in no time. I know when Carey comes back hes gonna be as hungry as a Lion.

Its not the first time Carey has faced some adversity and he always came back stronger.

LEAVE HIM ALONE

It's not about his current struggle, it's about his horrible contract.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016

LEAVE HIM ALONE

If he was 23, sure. Problem is he 30 and is a veteran, where stuff like this isn't acceptable especially going into an 8 year contract

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
We would have to eat half of his salary to trade him. At 5.25m$, some teams will take him, but the return won't be great, more like a salary dump.

Reactions: Weber Fan

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
I've seen a few posters claim this. Do you have a link or a source? If it's true it can only be due to injury, and even then, there should be some training that's possible.
Price himself said after the rangers eliminated the habs that he was going to take a long pause this summer to recover. No problem with that, he rehabbed like a madman from April 2016 to get ready for the World Cup. Basically, a full year non stopof high intensity training. The rumour is that after he signed the contract extension, coupled with the fact that the NHL boycotted the Olympics, he did not trained much. Put it another way, if price was playing in a contract year and the Olympics around the corner, would he have been playing this bad or/and be injured? I don't think so!

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
We would have to eat half of his salary to trade him. At 5.25m$, some teams will take him, but the return won't be great, more like a salary dump.

you would be lucky to get a first round pick for him right now.....and im not even taking top 5

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Price himself said after the rangers eliminated the habs that he was going to take a long pause this summer to recover. No problem with that, he rehabbed like a madman from April 2016 to get ready for the World Cup. Basically, a full year non stopof high intensity training. The rumour is that after he signed the contract extension, coupled with the fact that the NHL boycotted the Olympics, he did not trained much. Put it another way, if price was playing in a contract year and the Olympics around the corner, would he have been playing this bad or/and be injured? I don't think so!

big contracts can make a player lazy.....nothing to prove anymore,

and big goalie contracts rarely ever pay off or win anything....luquist, rask, dipietro, etc etc,

Price contract will be no different,

5-6 years ago a friend of mine (not a habs fan) said to me that the habs will never win a cup with Price.....back then i laughed at him, but now i think he was right

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Did somebody hack your account? :sarcasm:

Anyhow, I am in the camp who think Carey will bounce back, BUT, I am not opposed to making a move if it is the right one. Of course, he's going to have to have a MVP year when he returns or he will be impossible to move before his full NTC/NMC kicks in next year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
big contracts can make a player lazy.....nothing to prove anymore,

and big goalie contracts rarely ever pay off or win anything....luquist, rask, dipietro, etc etc,

Price contract will be no different,

5-6 years ago a friend of mine (not a habs fan) said to me that the habs will never win a cup with Price.....back then i laughed at him, but now i think he was right

And how about the org doing everything in its power to make sure no one steps up and challenges Price? That's why we need a back up that wont ruffle feathers and make Price fear for his job.

So Price gets a fat contract, has an org that will move a goalie once the hint of a controversy takes hold. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lindgren traded soon if he picks up a few more wins.

Price seemed kinda complacent going into this season. Like he has nothing to worry about. Big bucks are there, no young bucks can ever challenge his crease, the media, the fans, the GM all anointed him as the savior.

Put some pressure on the guy. Let him feel the heat of Lindgren coming after his spot. Make him hungry again.

And maybe we have the same friend but I knew someone too who said the same thing. I also laughed but my mind has also been changed.

Once MB is fired the next GM is going to have a hell of a time winning a cup with 10.5 on the backend. Knowing habs luck we end up drafting the next McDavid and then can't afford to pay him 13 Million due to Price's insane contract LOL.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
And how about the org doing everything in its power to make sure no one steps up and challenges Price? That's why we need a back up that wont ruffle feathers and make Price fear for his job.

So Price gets a fat contract, has an org that will move a goalie once the hint of a controversy takes hold. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lindgren traded soon if he picks up a few more wins.

i agree 100%

i said in another thread if Lindgren starts playing too well, and wins too many games, he will be sent back down, they down want anybody challenging the almighty Price, no matter how bad he plays

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man I hope there is a lockout just so we can buy him out without it counting against the cap. 10.5 is too much for any goalie.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
No way Molson wants to buy out such contract.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Of all players, I really didn't think people could turn on Price THIS quickly.

Give the guy a break and let him get his head in the right place. He has bailed us out plenty enough times, I think we all owe him that much.
It's the contract.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017

What???? time off!!!!
Did he not have the summer to take off!!!!
what do we pay him millions... so he can take some days off during the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->