Post-Game Talk: Cardiac Cats take the Stars to ram ranch 4-3 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Brb starting a main board thread called "how soon is too soon to call a team a dynasty when they haven't won a cup yet?"

cb6f4efec9d7fe9c.jpg

Just say that the Panthers will win four Cups in the next six years. Let the mob figure out themselves if that's a dynasty or not.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don’t know where else to stick this so I’ll slap it here because it seems somewhat on topic.

I’ve always respected Messier as a hockey player and later as an analyst, but this time he’s just regressed to being a typical Canadian homeboy dumb shit. He claims the Canucks are gonna win the trophy.

Now I understand how toronno fans are born and made. It requires intentional blind folds, ear plugs and echo chambers.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don’t know where else to stick this so I’ll slap it here because it seems somewhat on topic.

I’ve always respected Messier as a hockey player and later as an analyst, but this time he’s just regressed to being a typical Canadian homeboy dumb shit. He claims the Canucks are gonna win the trophy.

Now I understand how toronno fans are born and made. It requires intentional blind folds, ear plugs and echo chambers.

If you actually read it, the question is which of the 6 Canadian teams he thinks is the best positioned to win a cup.

He actually really loves the Panthers. Watch the 1st intermission against Detroit. Dude was so giddy covering our game

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Bob has been on fire all year, maybe the best year ever for a Panthers tendy? Luongo was pretty crazy lol
Yeah Luongo has a ton of elite seasons.

There's also Vanbiesbrouck in 1993-94. Was Runner up to the Vezina, 2nd highest sv% and a Hart finalist.

Vokoun in 2009-10 was 3rd in sv% on a non playoff panthers team.

And those are just their best seasons

As good as Bobrovsky has been this year, it probably doesn't even rank top 3 among best regular seasons for a Panthers goaltender.

For a relatively young franchise we've actually been blessed with elite goaltending for at least some part of every decade. It's just too bad the teams in front of them were mediocre to awful.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If you actually read it, the question is which of the 6 Canadian teams he thinks is the best positioned to win a cup.

He actually really loves the Panthers. Watch the 1st intermission against Detroit. Dude was so giddy covering our game
Actually, you need to read the question again. I won’t tell you how it’s framed but it’s not “if a Canadian team were to win the cup this year, who would it be?”

It’s much more open ended, thus my disappointment in his home boy stance.

The fact is, the Canucks might win. But so might a lot of other teams, even Panthers. Heck, Bruins might win. Who the hell knows.

But if the question had been posed as “which Canadian team has the best chance”… even then I’d pick Peg over the Nucks. In the end, it doesn’t matter, I’m just expressing my disappointment in Messier’s “political” opinion.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Paul Maurice joins the NHL pod

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What else can I complain about?

I just hate people dissing Panthers while singing the praises of Matthews and Mitch.

Suck it bitches.

ETA: I’m slightly inebriated.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What else can I complain about?

I just hate people dissing Panthers while singing the praises of Matthews and Mitch.

Suck it bitches.

ETA: I’m slightly inebriated.
ok let me give you one

Reading from one of the comments, apparently they made an attendance joke :laugh:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Also the whole f***ing Rempe saga. I just toured the Rags board, had to shower afterwards, that’s why it took me long to get back.

They’re f***ing unbelievably giddy over Rempe. They think he’s gonna deliver them the Cup. Rempe is a cross between Reacher and the Gray f***ing Man.

I used to think that Toronno fans were the worst but the Rags fans are challenging that notion big time.

ETA: Rags fans have no idea what’ll happen to their stars if Rempe goes on a ‘rempage’ against other team’s stars. The only other people who like Rempe other than idiot Rags fans are Vegas and Colorado fans who figure all of the East’s stars will be in the hospital by the time the Finals start.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Kulikov is a liability like he has been throughout his career. I don’t get the love for the guy.

We always have one weak link on D every season.
You’re saying he’s Weegs on steroids? Yeah, could be, both plus and minus direction.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Man.

Paul on this interview said he hates that Bob and Stolie has had to be really good recently and he's not happy with our rush defense
We’re starting to play like a mix of Detroit and Boston. I agree - Not good.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Kulikov is a liability like he has been throughout his career. I don’t get the love for the guy.

We always have one weak link on D every season.
My one criticism of Zito this deadline was the lack of a quality depth defenseman acquisition. I felt we really needed one more surefire player back there. One injury and Kulikov has to step up more and Mathura slides in. Two injuries and I think we're facing some real big holes on the back end.

Kulikov is fine as a bottom pairing guy, definitely better than Marc Staal but anything above 16 minutes of ice time a game really concerns me.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
ok let me give you one

Reading from one of the comments, apparently they made an attendance joke :laugh:

I watched like one minute of this. Why do people like this even bother trying to have a podcast or show or whatever? Zero talent, nothing interesting to say. Get a day job.

Reactions: Vilam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad