GDT: CarBuf

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I mean, I get going back to him to rebuild confidence, but they can't afford him ****ting the bed again, and we just talked about ramping up his workload. I thought this was a good spot to start Ward against a theoretically easy opponent, but if they can't grab 2 no matter who is in net, they probably don't deserve to be called a playoff team anyway.

I think they are hell bent on starting Darling 60 this year so he’s ready to start 65+ next year when Ned or another minimum wage backup is brought in.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I think they are hell bent on starting Darling 60 this year so he’s ready to start 65+ next year when Ned or another minimum wage backup is brought in.

65+ games next year paired with minimum wage backup...someone may have this vision...and Ned is playing well this year (great to see)...but right now I don't see this as a viable plan next season for a results-starved team run by a risk-averse manager.

Darling has to prove he's a #1 bell cow before this is an option.

Only reason I see this would happen is if internal budget forces it with young guys getting healthy raises.

I would not be shocked if Ward takes over an equal share of the net at some point this year. He does a couple things better than Darling and is arguably a better netminder...this is not a slight on Darling.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
my issue with Darling is that he has some pretty big technique deficiencies that are pretty straightforward to exploit with a little bit of preparation. even for a big guy, he's very deliberate with moving his legs, repositioning, adjusting to the puck switching sides on him. not really sure if it's reasonable to expect improvement on that, but it's pretty glaring as it is now imo.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
65+ games next year paired with minimum wage backup...someone may have this vision...and Ned is playing well this year (great to see)...but right now I don't see this as a viable plan next season for a results-starved team run by a risk-averse manager.

Darling has to prove he's a #1 bell cow before this is an option.

Only reason I see this would happen is if internal budget forces it with young guys getting healthy raises.

I would not be shocked if Ward takes over an equal share of the net at some point this year. He does a couple things better than Darling and is arguably a better netminder...this is not a slight on Darling.

I didn’t say it was a good plan.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
upload_2017-11-19_2-3-16.png

Jordan = elite playmaker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00