Confirmed Trade: [CAR/OTT] Viktor Stalberg for a 2017 3rd

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
2011 was a weak draft

Didn't stop the Sens' elite scouting staff from getting Pageau, Claesson and Dzingel in rounds 4-7

All draft picks have value. A 3rd round pick in the hands of a very good scouting staff is valuable, no matter how weak he draft.

Yeah but the rest of the draft leaves a lot to be desired. Considering it was a rebuild draft it was terrible for us.

Nobodies hating, just challenging the value system that a lot of GM's use. Picks for depth are palatable if you're a legit contender and that extra PK guy or whatever could make the difference... Victor Stalberg isn't making a difference enough to mke the Sens contend.

To me, Stalbergs place should have been filled internally. I mean, it's not like you have any players itching for a chance to get in the lineup or anything.

we have been doing exactly that the past 6 years with absolutely no success what so ever.

the only success was when they never replaced our vets traded Spezza for garbage and decided to put Zibanejad as #2C and go with Stone and Hoffman on wing. Now this worked out really well but had potential to go down as a terrible season. not even joking.

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
How is this mortgaging their future? They traded a 3rd round pick and their 5-6th best prospect to fix two gaping holes in the lineup when the Sens are near the top for their division. The Atlantic is weak this year, they have a decent chance of atleast making the conference finals.
They traded a prospect with a better career trajectory than Forsberg at the same age. They only have their 1st, 4th and 6th round picks this draft. Calling it a "weak" draft is one thing, but taking basically no one is a lot worse.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
2011 was a weak draft

Didn't stop the Sens' elite scouting staff from getting Pageau, Claesson and Dzingel in rounds 4-7

All draft picks have value. A 3rd round pick in the hands of a very good scouting staff is valuable, no matter how weak he draft.

So you're saying we can get a guy with the potential for a bottom six forward or a bottom pair defenceman for a bottom six forward?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I mean, it's hockey's future board so I guess it should be expected, but the amount of value some people place in a third round pick here is pretty staggering.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Dorion got some heat for trading picks for help for the Sens playoff run. It has paid immediate dividends as Burrows and Stalberg have scored 3 times since these trades. 4 points in the bank as Ottawa continue to make a push for the top spot in the Atlantic.

Really getting a kick at how they are doing it. Often with players not wanted from other teams.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Dorion got some heat for trading picks for help for the Sens playoff run. It has paid immediate dividends as Burrows and Stalberg have scored 3 times since these trades. 4 points in the bank as Ottawa continue to make a push for the top spot in the Atlantic.

Really getting a kick at how they are doing it. Often with players not wanted from other teams.

This place loves to take a dump on the Sens because of the overwhelming presence of Leafs fans, but this years TDL has been exactly what Ottawa needed to carry over into the playoffs and next season.

LETS GO SENS BABY WHOOOOO.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I'd love Stalberg back, but he might be too expensive for us. He will get at least 1.5mil and maybe a decent amount more. I'd take him back at 3yrs X 1.7mil (at the very most... ideally 2yrs x 1.5m), but that might not get it done.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Glad to hear Stalberg is doing well for y'all. I thought he was a great addition to our team over the summer and would be happy to have him back next year if the Sens don't resign him. Great 4th line and PK player.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Glad to hear Stalberg is doing well for y'all. I thought he was a great addition to our team over the summer and would be happy to have him back next year if the Sens don't resign him. Great 4th line and PK player.

To be fair it's only been 2 games, but a nice addition for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad