Confirmed Trade: [CAR/NJD] Jack Dugan for Zack Hayes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn’t realize Dugan had fallen so far. He was hugely hyped by Vegas fans not that long ago
Idk about hugely but we had reason to think he could be solid with two excellent seasons in the NCAA. No reason to think he was be average in the AHL at the time.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Idk about hugely but we had reason to think he could be solid with two excellent seasons in the NCAA. No reason to think he was be average in the AHL at the time.

Oh for sure. I didn’t mean that to come across as Vegas fans were out to lunch. Just that he was it really wasn’t that long ago that he was a hobey baker finalist and near PPG in his rookie AHL season, and there was a lot of optimism

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh for sure. I didn’t mean that to come across as Vegas fans were out to lunch. Just that he was it really wasn’t that long ago that he was a honey baker finalist and near PPG in his rookie AHL season, and there was a lot of optimism
Yeah its unfortunate. Its happening with a lot of prospects we had hope for. Morozov in particular looked like he had an outside chance to be a legit star but his numbers are worse than average in the AHL. Brisson isn't shaking out the way we thought. The only prospects that have panned out from the Vegas pipeline are Suzuki, Brannstrom, Hague, Thompson, Whitecloud, Kolesar, and Roy. And only the first three of those guys were actually drafted by Vegas.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but Vegas traded Hayes to Carolina at the end of November.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Oh for sure. I didn’t mean that to come across as Vegas fans were out to lunch. Just that he was it really wasn’t that long ago that he was a hobey baker finalist and near PPG in his rookie AHL season, and there was a lot of optimism
It wasn't just Vegas fans. As a big USA Hockey/cawlidge hawkey fan... everyone was really high on Dugan. Both he and Rathbone.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad