Confirmed Trade: [CAR/MIN] Nino Niederreiter for Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
El Niño: The weather phenomenon when storms and hurricanes are higher in velocity and higher in volume for the year.
Nino Neidereitter: A Carolina Hurricane player.
El Nino: A cool nickname that is based on the weather phenomenon about a Carolina Hurricane player.

Seems self explanatory to be honest

This is why we drafted Necas, "bad weather", and probably have to trade away Saarela, "islander".

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
I hope this isn't against the rules to bump this but felt the need to talk about how bad it was.

Niederreiter has 13 goals and 26 points in 31 games since this trade, Rask has 1 goal and 2 points in 18 games since this trade including multiple healthy scratches. The Hurricanes are 20-9-2 since the day of this trade while Minnesota has gone 12-12-6 since the trade.

Only Aho (30) and Terravainen (32) have more points since Nino joined the squad.

I just don't understand this trade.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If Minnesota hadn't snagged Donato in that Coyle trade, I would be crying if I were a Wild fan.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I hope this isn't against the rules to bump this but felt the need to talk about how bad it was.

Niederreiter has 13 goals and 26 points in 31 games since this trade, Rask has 1 goal and 2 points in 18 games since this trade including multiple healthy scratches. The Hurricanes are 20-9-2 since the day of this trade while Minnesota has gone 12-12-6 since the trade.

Only Aho (30) and Terravainen (32) have more points since Nino joined the squad.

when was rask a healthy scratch? he got injured thats why he was out... also comparing points is silly, one gets 1st line minutes with a super star, the other was injured and plays bottom 6 minutes for the most part with nowhere near the same talent.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
when was rask a healthy scratch? he got injured thats why he was out... also comparing points is silly, one gets 1st line minutes with a super star, the other was injured and plays bottom 6 minutes for the most part with nowhere near the same talent.

lol
Yeah comparing points is stupid :laugh: Rask couldn't crack the top 6 on the canes, and can't crack it on a crappy minny team, what does that say?

This trade was a slam dunk win for the hurricanes. Takes a lot of pressure off them to move a good D like Slavin for a forward, too. Nino has 3 more years left at $5.25, that's not bad

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

Niederreiter seems like he helped elevate Carolinas chances at a playoffs berth.

A scorer like Nino is exactly what The hurricanes needed at the right time.
Great trade for Carolina.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

It was awful from Day 1. Everybody knew it. That said, there are a few factors makong it look worse than it is.

1. Nino playing with Aho. He's a great fit and is probably at his ceiling as fsr as production goes.

2. Rask is hurt. It's pretty clear he is still playing injured, Russo and others have reported this.

3. Wild basically tanking after moving Nino. Rask hasnt exactly walked onto a juggarnaut.

I'm not defending Rask's ghastly play or this idiotic trade by Fenton, but it might end up looking better (will always be bad) a year from now if Rask can get his game back and Aho finds another fit on the wing.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019

I thought he was scratched for a few games here and there...I could be wrong. Doesn't change the bigger point though

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It was awful from Day 1. Everybody knew it. That said, there are a few factors makong it look worse than it is.

1. Nino playing with Aho. He's a great fit and is probably at his ceiling as fsr as production goes.

2. Rask is hurt. It's pretty clear he is still playing injured, Russo and others have reported this.

3. Wild basically tanking after moving Nino. Rask hasnt exactly walked onto a juggarnaut.

I'm not defending Rask's ghastly play or this idiotic trade by Fenton, but it might end up looking better (will always be bad) a year from now if Rask can get his game back and Aho finds another fit on the wing.
im not saying CAR didnt win it right now. but as you said a year from now it may be a completely different story. I was more so pointing out the flaws in using healthy scratch and points produced to make this trade look worse than it really is. Ill defend the trade plenty as i see the future sight in it more so than the present. Right now its ugly but next year things will change for the better. Wild were shit before the trade and are shit after. Rask was not gonna change that. Mcdavid couldnt change that for the wild this year.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I thought he was scratched for a few games here and there...I could be wrong. Doesn't change the bigger point though
playing with aho vs playing with rookies/4th liners bumped up to 3rd line really makes a difference in point production along with him just not playing well right now due to lingering injuires or simply trying to come back from injuries. short sighted yup its bad trade, future is brighter though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
playing with aho vs playing with rookies/4th liners bumped up to 3rd line really makes a difference in point production along with him just not playing well right now due to lingering injuires or simply trying to come back from injuries. short sighted yup its bad trade, future is brighter though.
Brighter for Rask? By what indication?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Brighter for Rask? By what indication?
He becomes healthy. think its gonna get worse than it already is if he is fully healthy? Unless im watching a different wild team his skating seems a little better than when he first came over. thats a bright spot for me considering iv only seen like 6 games of his.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
lol
Yeah comparing points is stupid :laugh: Rask couldn't crack the top 6 on the canes, and can't crack it on a crappy minny team, what does that say?

This trade was a slam dunk win for the hurricanes. Takes a lot of pressure off them to move a good D like Slavin for a forward, too. Nino has 3 more years left at $5.25, that's not bad
Rask is slotted in as 2C on minny?? As CAR lines used indicates he was also 2C there??

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He becomes healthy. think its gonna get worse than it already is if he is fully healthy? Unless im watching a different wild team his skating seems a little better than when he first came over. thats a bright spot for me considering iv only seen like 6 games of his.
Rask hurt his hand and shoulder the last 2 injuries with the Canes, not sure how that would have effected his skating. Skating has always been a knock on him going back to juniors, although he improved it enough to make the NHL but I wouldn't say he's anything close to a good skater still.
Rask is slotted in as 2C on minny?? As CAR lines used indicates he was also 2C there??
He was the 2nd line center up until he started sucking a couple years ago then he was moved down the lineup gradually until he was on the 4th line.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Rask hurt his hand and shoulder the last 2 injuries with the Canes, not sure how that would have effected his skating. Skating has always been a knock on him going back to juniors, although he improved it enough to make the NHL but I wouldn't say he's anything close to a good skater still.

He was the 2nd line center up until he started sucking a couple years ago then he was moved down the lineup gradually until he was on the 4th line.
Not implying his injuries affected it, but that was one thing everyone from a wild fan point talked about and it looks fine to me, as far as line duty i believe you. just reading what the internet says about last year having him slotted as a 2C which is top 6. i never watched him before the trade so i have no idea. i just believe a healthy rask and an offseason here will improve his play next year. Also strongly believe Nino will produce less next year when it all calms down.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hopefully an offseason to get his head on straight and get/stay healthy will help coming into next year, but I've seen very little indication from this play in Minnesota that he's going to be much better than he has been. He looks like the sort of player we'll spend the next 3 years juggling around in an attempt to figure out where he fits and justify his contract, which is exactly why we (apparently) ditched Nino to begin with.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Hopefully an offseason to get his head on straight and get/stay healthy will help coming into next year, but I've seen very little indication from this play in Minnesota that he's going to be much better than he has been. He looks like the sort of player we'll spend the next 3 years juggling around in an attempt to figure out where he fits and justify his contract, which is exactly why we (apparently) ditched Nino to begin with.
could very well be. i just dont see how he could really get worse if he is healthy. Im hoping for a 3C spot and just leave him there. More than likely with a fully healthy team he would be 4C and Fehr not resigned but i have no idea what path Fenton is planning to go down right now

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
El Niño: The weather phenomenon when storms and hurricanes are higher in velocity and higher in volume for the year.
Nino Neidereitter: A Carolina Hurricane player.
El Nino: A cool nickname that is based on the weather phenomenon about a Carolina Hurricane player.

Seems self explanatory to be honest
There’s an uptick in Eastern Pacific Hurricane strength and activity during El Niño years. In the Atlantic Basin, on the other hand, increased wind shear will, on average, reduce hurricane activity

Reactions: uncleben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad