Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Please describe home we have improved. New year same results. Stars disapear, goalies basically crap, PP and penalty kill basically suck but we have improved. Educate me
The series is 2-1. Did you expect it to be 3-0 for the leafs by now?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Please describe home we have improved.
Analytics just means more information. More information is always good for improving something. It gives you a better understanding of what to improve and how.
It could have helped us make the actual right choices this past year, when we were set up for our best year ever, instead of chasing the wrong things and ending up worse.

Reactions: Gallagbi

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
In the interest of not becoming overly reliant on road wins/wins in Boston, I hope the team views tomorrow night's game as a "must win". Having to peel off three wins in a row or winning three of the next four seems to be a daunting enough task as it is.
It IS a must-win. Zero doubt.

They are absolutely not winning three games in a row against the Bruins in the playoffs. It's not realistic.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can anyone tell me what playoff game is not a must win?
I’ve never understood that scenario of a game not being a must win?
Players try less in other games?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Alright...scooped a new hat and T. Ready for the game tommorow night. I hope my 'NO JT ON PP!' sign doesn't get confiscated.
Hopefully not, be a shame if fans were supportive.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boston has won 8 of the last 9 games against the Leafs.

That suggests this is essentially a MUST WIN game for Toronto, if they want any realistic chance of advancing,

With a loss the Leafs are not beating Boston 3 of the final 4 games with 2 in Beantown.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
No it's not, putting Nylander with two guys who will do nothing all game is not a win-win. They just need to shut down Nylander and the whole line is shut down, The same with the Marner and Tavares line, they just need to shut down Marner and the line is useless.
No, Nylander can elevate the play of his linemates. Robertson can put the puck in the net, although he’s probably the one who will come out (personally I would take Jarnkrok out instead). If he plays, I expect to see the Nylander who started the season on fire. As for the Marner line, if they can at least come out even (and with how much money is tied up in Marner and Tavares, they should always come out ahead), I could live with that.

Another thing, how well has having two stacked lines in the playoffs worked so far? The Leafs need 3 lines capable of scoring to win in the playoffs, and spreading out the talent is the best way of accomplishing that.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Need a big game from our top guys, they need to litter the scoresheet from here on forward

For the love of God, win the special teams battle
It’s so puzzling to me why our “vaunted” PP has always failed us in the playoffs. Maybe it’s because of the way they play. No shot threat from the point, way too little movement, and not getting enough shots on net and then winning the battle in front of the net.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
On the balance, they have controlled, and I expect the balance will tip even more in their favour the rest of the series.
Their D can’t make a pass and the goalie has been terrible and I can’t see that changing.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Their D can’t make a pass and the goalie has been terrible and I can’t see that changing.
The puck moving abilities of their defensemen will no question be an issue in later rounds, but I don't think it's as impactful against Boston because of Boston's generally anemic offense and transition game. Against teams like Florida, Carolina or the Rangers, some of these big slow Leafs defensemen are going to get slaughtered.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The puck moving abilities of their defensemen will no question be an issue in later rounds, but I don't think it's as impactful against Boston because of Boston's generally anemic offense and transition game. Against teams like Florida, Carolina or the Rangers, some of these big slow Leafs defensemen are going to get slaughtered.
Yes. This series feels like it doesn’t matter.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes. This series feels like it doesn’t matter.
This is probably the most succinct way to describe this series for both teams. It is a appetizer to what will likely be a disappointing main course. Carolina would suffocate both of these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad