Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Craig Morgan has been hinting that AZ may be working on another pick(s) to take an expensive D off someone else’s hands. I wonder if that’s Gardiner and the Canes? Frees up cap space for KK IF habs don’t match.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I'm willing to bet anyone the joker in red suit matches. Book it. He wont let him go for some 20 something overall pick. Nope.
It's not all about the pick. It's team salary structure. It's about player who don't want to play for your team anymore. A lot beyond the pick will be considered before you decide to match or not.

Reactions: The don godfather

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
habs cant let him go for a late first , they shall match in swift order then go from there . the guys real young ands having a slow start and cant be wrote off like hes a bottom 6 forward already

Reactions: Stickpucker

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I actually think Montreal looks weaker if they match vs let him go. They can take the 1st and 3rd and cap space to the bank while Carolina has a 3rd line player for $6m dollars who they have to qualify for a similar dollar amount next year.

Only if you think the 21 year old , 3rd overall pick has no room to grow...

Habs have cap space and have one of the youngest teams in the league...What is a low 1st going to do? Awful take is awful

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
habs cant let him go for a late first , they shall match in swift order then go from there . the guys real young ands having a slow start and cant be wrote off like hes a bottom 6 forward already

I don't think this is a slam-dunk match as you think. That is a lot of cheddar for a young kid with only 2 full seasons in the NHL. The cap hit and escalation on AAV is disgusting. This screws MTL in a huge way moving forward if they match. I will not be surprised at all if they walk away and take the picks.

Reactions: Nordskull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad