Waived: [CAR] G Antti Raanta waived by the Hurricanes (cleared)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
May we interest you in a gently used Dan Vladar?

Oilers will be tripping over themselves to claim Raanta

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow, has their gamble on goaltending ever gone sideways on them. Yikes.

What exactly is their plan here, if not Raanta, obviously?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Yzerman needs to claim him and put Husso on waivers, not even joking.

I would love that. I nothing Ville Husso and I freaking love Antti Raanta. I've wanted Raanta in a Wings jersey forever.

Canes can't find a taker for Raanta and you think someone is gonna pay you for Reimer? And if you think that Reimer is better and worth more, why trade him away to make room for Raanta? This makes no sense.
For me... I don't like James Reimer as a person. I do like Antti Raanta. Reimer is the #3 goalie. Raanta would be the #3 goalie. I'd freaking waive Reimer and pick up Rannta though.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
People who saying they wouldn’t mind their team claiming Raanta haven’t watched him play this year. He is cooked.

His positioning and reaction time has been terrible and lateral movement is beer league level. The first two could be mental, but his movement is no longer NHL or frankly AHL/ECHL level. I think Father Time has caught up with Father Finn, and it makes me sad, because he seems like a great guy.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Carolina recalled goalie prospect Yaniv Perets from Norfolk ECHL.

The Hurricanes had to find a goalie to back up, Pyotr Kochetkov in the event that Antti Raanta is claimed off waivers.

Perets had a .931 save percentage and 10 shutouts in 41 NCAA games with Quinnipiac in 2022-23, leading the Bobcats to their first national championship in program history.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
People who saying they wouldn’t mind their team claiming Raanta haven’t watched him play this year. He is cooked.

His positioning and reaction time has been terrible and lateral movement is beer league level. The first two could be mental, but his movement is no longer NHL or frankly AHL/ECHL level. I think Father Time has caught up with Father Finn, and it makes me sad, because he seems like a great guy.
Makes me sad. Absolutely loved him in AZ when he was here

Reactions: Tryamw

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinda surprised Edmonton or NJ didn't take a shot at him
I'm not terribly surprised. I don't think we've seen the last of Campbell in Edmonton, he'll probably be recalled at some point down the stretch.

And Schmid has been considerably better than Raanta. Schmid has also been considerably better than Vanecek, but the coaching staff/management for whatever reason refuses to let him happen. They wanna shove Vanecek down our throats, who only just had his first start of the season in which he only allowed 1 goal/fewer than 2 goals in like 15 or 16 starts this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad