Waived: [CAR] G Antti Raanta waived by the Hurricanes (cleared)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Do the Canes even have another goalie in the system? They have a dude putting up decent stats in the ECHL. Wondering if this means they're gonna sign Halak.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s looked shot for a while now. Since he pretty much handed the Rangers games 6 and 7 of that series in 2022.

But this year he’s on a whole new level of bad, but the sample size is so small that he could recover and probably isn’t quite as bad as he’s been this year.

I’m sure he’ll be a Devil by tomorrow if someone lower in the waiver order doesn’t get to him first.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
One of those weird scenarios where I don't know what to think as a devils fan. I mean, if he's an .854 with the Hurricanes, I'm not sure he's going to be better with a worse defensive team lol. But he has a history of playing well...but he's also what, 34 or 35 now? He may just be cooked

Reactions: BHD

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
All this Allen talk. Do the Canes really want to spend assets on another 34 yr old goalie? I feel like they have to actually do something this time.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Typical waiver wire overreaction to a guy whose name people know.

Raanta is shot at this point and certainly isn’t the answer to a contending team’s goaltending woes and certainly doesn’t change anything about the goalie market.

I suppose a team dying at the backup spot may pick him up as insurance but there’s a reason a good team with paper thin goaltending depth themselves just waived him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad