Confirmed with Link: [CAR/FLA] Scott Darling + 2020 6th Round Pick for James Reimer

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Or you could argue he was probably worse than mediocre for half his season last year, and then lights out for his second half. Mrazek still has questions, though I'll be happy if we can have him back.
it's incredible what about a relatively small sample size of games can do for a player's rep. this board absolutely lost it when we didn't trade for him at the deadline two years ago. then he had a bad run with the flyers, which led to this this board absolutely losing it again when we signed him. now after a good 25-30 games people are losing it because we supposedly weren't trying to sign him (which appears to be wrong).

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Wouldn't be the first time we've had bull being sold to us?

Remember when we acquired Ponikarovsky and Anthony Stewart and we were assured that they weren't replacing Ruutu (I believe) and we were still hunting for a Top 6 forward?

And then that somehow turned into "Well, we hope the two combined will provide what Ruutu did"

That was two GMs ago. Can we away least keep our criticisms to things that happened this decade?

So this means Mac is gone if they're trying to get Mrazek re-signed or get Varly. On another note though I'm surprised a taker was found for Darling.

Mac was out a long time ago. Waddell admitted it multiple times. We were probably only offering one year.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
it's incredible what about a relatively small sample size of games can do for a player's rep. this board absolutely lost it when we didn't trade for him at the deadline two years ago. then he had a bad run with the flyers, which led to this this board absolutely losing it again when we signed him. now after a good 25-30 games people are losing it because we supposedly weren't trying to sign him (which appears to be wrong).
"This board" is made up of a lot of people who disagree on lots of things and argue a lot.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
even though forsberg had a one-way deal last year, he can be qualified on a two-way since he played all of last season in the ahl. i thought when we acquired him we were actually going to play him in the nhl but this trade makes it unlikely.

nhl: mrazek/varlamov + reimer
ahl: ned + forsberg

they need a second goalie in the ahl. that was a big problem last year until the tokarski acquisition.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I don’t see where Forsberg fits in at all.
ex·pend·a·ble
/ikˈspendəb(ə)l/

adjective
adjective: expendable
of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned.
"the region is expendable in the wider context of national politics"
synonyms:dispensable, able to be sacrificed, replaceable; More
nonessential, inessential, not essential, unimportant, unnecessary, unneeded, not required;
superfluous, extraneous;
disposable
"he was tossed out of work when an accountant decided he was expendable"
disposable, throwaway, one use, single-use, replaceable
"an expendable satellite launcher"
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
antonyms:indispensable, important
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(of an object) designed to be used only once and then abandoned or destroyed.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
This is an attempt to lure Duchene so he, Slavin and Reimer can all be bible buddies while everyone gets crossbuzzed wrecked in Denver.

I can see the scene now. Waddell, Tulsky, Dundon all huddled around a black office phone. *12:01pm* *riiiiiiing* there's a scuffle before waddell succesfully puts headpiece to ear. "Hello, Matt?!?" ....."Dammit Cam, we have to keep the line clear!" *click*

Mrazek Reimer Ned
Ned Forsberg

I can dig it. At any rate, we got mrazek after a disastrous year and mac from waivers. This defense could make any goalie look good (sans darling).

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't hate it. He was .913 the year before last and .920 the year before that. One bad year does not mean he's washed up, look at Mrazek the year before he came to us.

Getting rid of the Darling deal and not having to buy him out is outstanding. Don't know how they convinced the Panthers to pull that off.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
ex·pend·a·ble
/ikˈspendəb(ə)l/

adjective
adjective: expendable
of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned.
"the region is expendable in the wider context of national politics"
synonyms:dispensable, able to be sacrificed, replaceable; More
nonessential, inessential, not essential, unimportant, unnecessary, unneeded, not required;
superfluous, extraneous;
disposable
"he was tossed out of work when an accountant decided he was expendable"
disposable, throwaway, one use, single-use, replaceable
"an expendable satellite launcher"
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
antonyms:indispensable, important
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(of an object) designed to be used only once and then abandoned or destroyed.

You having a bad day?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I expect Reimer to have a great year with Carolina next year. Going from one of the worst defenses in the league to one of the best will help tremendously. His 3 worst years involved 2 concussions and that tire fire Florida defense.

SV% by year:
.900 (concussion)
.907 (concussion)
.900 (Florida's defense)

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

giphy.gif

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Reimer and Ned Are a Great #1 / #2.

Would love to have Mrazek back but I dont fully trust his style to sign him to a long term deal.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That was two GMs ago. Can we away least keep our criticisms to things that happened this decade?

Simply providing an example of when this fanbase was sold one thing and had to settle for an amalgamation of what the team hoped to become what was being sold.

If we miss on Mrazek/Varlamov, the same could happen here.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

The Canes could have immediately bought out Reimer and saved a couple million over the course of the buyouts. Florida just wanted short-term breathing room.

Can't imagine the Canes would get much in a Reimer trade though. Even if they retained. Maybe they trade in a few more chips similar to De Haan to get rid of him.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Simply providing an example of when this fanbase was sold one thing and had to settle for an amalgamation of what the team hoped to become what was being sold.

If we miss on Mrazek/Varlamov, the same could happen here.

If settling is a guy with 300 plus games and almost .914 career save percentage for 3 plus million, I'm cool with that. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad