Proposal: Car - Det

LowFive

In Stevie We Trust
Jun 19, 2014
obviously sarcastic post was obviously not sarcastic enough

Yeah, can't they tell from the tone of your voice? :sarcasm:

That is how you portray sarcasm if you want everyone to get it. I hate emojis but they are usually necessary to portray sarcasm through writing. Or at least throw it in italics, man.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
You do realize Taylor freaking Hall just got traded for a d-man that's not even close to Faulk, right? And Hall is far more established than either guy above.

No, if you are looking to acquire a No. 1 d-man I'd say Larkin is the start and you're probably adding another substantial piece to the trade. That's the reality of the trade market right now, plain and simple. You're not going to get good players for leftovers.

By your definition if a team wants to trade for Karlsson, they would start the offer with Crosby or Malkin for instance.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
By your definition if a team wants to trade for Karlsson, they would start the offer with Crosby or Malkin for instance.

Explain to me your logic here, because I don't see how you can extrapolate any such thing from what I said.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Explain to me your logic here, because I don't see how you can extrapolate any such thing from what I said.

I think he is referring to the Larsson - Hall trade being the baseline for trading for defenseman. Myers, Bogosian, etc. have been traded recently. I'm not advocating the deal is fair but utilizing a lopsided trade as a baseline doesn't really hold any merit. Detroit should be targeting Fowler, Shattenkirk, or Barrie.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lol Tatar is so underrated in these boards

Guess what guys. Tatar was played like a 3rd liner this year, sometimes 2nd. He produced almost 50 points on 2nd and 3rd lines. That's a first liner. Who probably scores 30 goals 35 if he's the only guy on the team. He's a spare part smh

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I think he is referring to the Larsson - Hall trade being the baseline for trading for defenseman. Myers, Bogosian, etc. have been traded recently. I'm not advocating the deal is fair but utilizing a lopsided trade as a baseline doesn't really hold any merit. Detroit should be targeting Fowler, Shattenkirk, or Barrie.

Nobody said the Larsson-Hall trade was any kind of "baseline".

However, it still seems quite obvious that if you are talking about trading a very good top-pair defenseman like Faulk, that the return should at least be very good top-line forward. I would not call Tatar a top-line forward right now, period, much less a very good one.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm wondering why there hasn't been much talk about the possibility of trading for one of the Hurricane's defensive players.... Seems to me they have a pretty good amount of young talent on the back end and are still in need of some serious help on the wings.....
Teuvo helps with that but they are still a bottom dwelling team on paper.

Would Carolina move Faulk or Hanifin? I don't know a whole lot on Carolina though. Slavin and Pesce seem like they could turn out well, and Haydn Fleury is another young high draft pick with great potential. Don't know much about Mckeown either...

Detroit has a lot of wingers in trade talks for a defensive player.

Would something like:
Tatar, Jurco, and one of our defensive prospect like Sproul/Ouellet/Jensen + a high 2017 draft pick (2nd rd ?) work for Faulk?

Just seems like there should be a fit here for trade partners... one team has lots of young high end talent on the defensive side but needs more skilled forwards....... while another teams has an excess of skilled forwards and needs help on Defense.

LOL, no.

Carolina isn't dealing Faulk for that, nevermind the thought of dealing Faulk at all.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Nobody said the Larsson-Hall trade was any kind of "baseline".

However, it still seems quite obvious that if you are talking about trading a very good top-pair defenseman like Faulk, that the return should at least be very good top-line forward. I would not call Tatar a top-line forward right now, period, much less a very good one.

I never said you did but based on that poster's response it appears that was their thought process. I highly doubt we have the assets to acquire Faulk considering Larkin would be off the table. I wouldn't touch Tatar for Pesce as I would use Tatar + for a more established defenseman or Hanifan. Based on the comments in this thread it appears Carolina fans are too high on Tatar but it's all gravy.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I never said you did but based on that poster's response it appears that was their thought process. I highly doubt we have the assets to acquire Faulk considering Larkin would be off the table. I wouldn't touch Tatar for Pesce as I would use Tatar + for a more established defenseman or Hanifan. Based on the comments in this thread it appears Carolina fans are too high on Tatar but it's all gravy.
Assume you meant NOT too high on Tatar? Seems to be accurate if so. Also, no chance Tatar is the centerpiece for Hanifin regardless of the plus.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Faulk, Hanifin, and Slavin aren't dealt unless a Star 1st line forward is coming back. For Detroit, Larkin is the only one I consider. Canes need quality right now, quantity doesn't get it done.

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco

for

Faulk, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, your #4 prospect for LW

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC

for

Again, you are throwing in a bunch of guys....Canes need to consolidate. Think of this like a fantasy trade when you have a good player you dont have a spot for in your lineup. 2 for one, or 3 for 2. Canes want to get the best player in the trade, not give the best player.

Think Pesce and a pick for one player (winger) who is perceived better than Pesce. Thats the kind of deal the Canes need.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

for

That package doesn't do much for CAR. You're asking for our best player and a top-pairing RHD. Be prepared to offer your best player in return. (Also, asking for an additional 1st rd pick AND 2nd rd pick from a rebuilding team on top of their best player is laughable...)

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Carolina and Detroit may be good trading partners, but we aren't in the market yet for trading our defenseman. We don't know what we have in all of our guys yet, so trading away one of our best would not be good asset management.

Also since we don't need to protect any of our young defenseman for the expansion draft there's no point in trading them away when our forward group is filled too. Next year will be the where we make a move.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
To Det: Faulk
To Car: Larkin, 2017 1st

That is pretty good value...if we knew where you would finish next year. However, Faulk isn't getting traded now with the buyout of Wisniewski. That is the most likely guy you can get from us:

To Det: Wisniewski
To Car: nothing, he's a UFA now

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
as any canes fan will tell you, i really, really *really* like jurco

but, that said, ffs, what is with all these random spare parts deals for faulk//skinner//etc? do all y'all seriously think we don't watch hockey just because we live//grew up south of the mason-dixon?

Apologies, this poster has no idea the value of Faulk.

Larkin is literally our most valuable player (trade-wise)

And he doesn't even get a conversation started on Faulk.

I actually clicked on this link thinking maybe Carolina had some interesting D prospects i didnt know about, I saw "Faulk" and thought... OH NO.... This thread is probably locked up :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad