Proposal: Car - Det

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
I'm wondering why there hasn't been much talk about the possibility of trading for one of the Hurricane's defensive players.... Seems to me they have a pretty good amount of young talent on the back end and are still in need of some serious help on the wings.....
Teuvo helps with that but they are still a bottom dwelling team on paper.

Would Carolina move Faulk or Hanifin? I don't know a whole lot on Carolina though. Slavin and Pesce seem like they could turn out well, and Haydn Fleury is another young high draft pick with great potential. Don't know much about Mckeown either...

Detroit has a lot of wingers in trade talks for a defensive player.

Would something like:
Tatar, Jurco, and one of our defensive prospect like Sproul/Ouellet/Jensen + a high 2017 draft pick (2nd rd ?) work for Faulk?

Just seems like there should be a fit here for trade partners... one team has lots of young high end talent on the defensive side but needs more skilled forwards....... while another teams has an excess of skilled forwards and needs help on Defense.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What's the thing with all of these spare part deals today? Come on dude, you want a 1D, you have to start with Larkin.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
as any canes fan will tell you, i really, really *really* like jurco

but, that said, ffs, what is with all these random spare parts deals for faulk//skinner//etc? do all y'all seriously think we don't watch hockey just because we live//grew up south of the mason-dixon?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
as any canes fan will tell you, i really, really *really* like jurco

but, that said, ffs, what is with all these random spare parts deals for faulk//skinner//etc? do all y'all seriously think we don't watch hockey just because we live//grew up south of the mason-dixon?

I get the feeling a lot of people here think we are all idiots.

We in da South we don't watch dat dere stickball game y'all yankees play on ice!

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
if you look at the canes forwards right now, they dont need depth, they have depth

they need top forwards

they wont be in the business of splitting assets for awhile, they need to consolidate

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
What's the thing with all of these spare part deals today? Come on dude, you want a 1D, you have to start with Larkin.

Well that ended this discussion pretty quick then......
Unrealistic to expect Larkin.... and Tatar is far from just spare parts for your team, nor is a 2nd round pick.

Tatar would have been tied for second leading goal scorer on your team this past year...

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Unrealistic to expect Larkin.... and Tatar is far from just spare parts for your team, nor is a 2nd round pick.

Tatar would have been tied for second leading goal scorer on your team this past year...

faulk was 4th, and is a defenseman, and missed a buttload of games

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
I get the feeling a lot of people here think we are all idiots.

We in da South we don't watch dat dere stickball game y'all yankees play on ice!

The original post is stated more as a question in what value would be needed......
If I thought you were idiots I wouldn't have stated is that way....

I'm legitimately wondering why there hasn't been more rumors in regards to these two teams trading as they seem good fits to work something out.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The original post is stated more as a question in what value would be needed......

I'm legitimately wondering why there hasn't been more rumors in regards to these two teams trading as they seem good fits to work something out.

p much this

considering how bestest of buddies the two owners are i am shocked #shocked that carolina and detroit have not made more trades

So what about Hanifin? Would it be more reasonable to see him traded than Faulk?

Faulk was also a -22 this year.....and Hanifin -14

qft. both were rly bad this year on a team that missed the playoffs and should be traded for spare parts

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
[/b]

p much this

considering how bestest of buddies the two owners are i am shocked #shocked that carolina and detroit have not made more trades

qft. both were rly bad this year on a team that missed the playoffs and should be traded for spare parts

I know the owners have a history, but part of that is because Carolina Owner wants to build a franchise that emulates the Red Wings...
But wouldn't that also mean that he would covet the same players that the Red Wings tend to have?

Also, not sure if you were being serious on your last statement...?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Way too many proposals involving Carolina lately, and actually going back to last year, have us giving teams our players that we are trying to build around, for guys that are fringe NHL'ers at best or who we have no need for.

Not trying to specifically say you're at fault here, just saying it seems like most people who start these threads really have no idea how valuable our players are. The Skinner for Vancouver thread is a good example and is still fresh in my mind, which probably explains why I said what I said.

I'm not sure what to say in regards to your question. It's my understanding Karmanos and the Wings owner have been at odds with one another for years and probably just don't want to do business with one another.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So what about Hanifin? Would it be more reasonable to see him traded than Faulk?

i would say that faulk and hanifin have similar value, hanifin based on potential, faulk more actual but a lower ceiling

either way, the point is that the canes dont need to add to the collection of forwards (tatar, despite his goal numbers, wouldnt even be one of our top 5 forwards, value-wise, and it is certainly not a good group of forwards). even if you could make the argument that he was in that top 5 of value (i think staal, rask, skinner, lindholm, and teravainen would all have more value than him, with aho being an interesting wildcard. if they were to be traded straight up for tatar carolina would be the loser), he would still kind of just be one of a group of B- to B forwards on a team desperately in need of an A

thats why wed need larkin. not bc tatar isnt valuable, but bc youre asking Carolina to trade one of their very few "A" players for yet another group of Bs and Cs.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I know the owners have a history, but part of that is because Carolina Owner wants to build a franchise that emulates the Red Wings...
But wouldn't that also mean that he would covet the same players that the Red Wings tend to have?

Also, not sure if you were being serious on your last statement...?

bro

do you even hockey?

yeah, the illitch//karmonos thing is totally because we are trying to copy you :laugh:

also, i was totally being serious

dylan larkin + 7th for hanifin and faulk

probably accurate value

Habib21

Jun 23, 2015
i would say that faulk and hanifin have similar value, hanifin based on potential, faulk more actual but a lower ceiling

either way, the point is that the canes dont need to add to the collection of forwards (tatar, despite his goal numbers, wouldnt even be one of our top 5 forwards, value-wise, and it is certainly not a good group of forwards). even if you could make the argument that he was in that top 5 of value (i think staal, rask, skinner, lindholm, and teravainen would all have more value than him, with aho being an interesting wildcard. if they were to be traded straight up for tatar carolina would be the loser), he would still kind of just be one of a group of B- to B forwards on a team desperately in need of an A

thats why wed need larkin. not bc tatar isnt valuable, but bc youre asking Carolina to trade one of their very few "A" players for yet another group of Bs and Cs.

Thanks for the input...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

You do realize Taylor freaking Hall just got traded for a d-man that's not even close to Faulk, right? And Hall is far more established than either guy above.

No, if you are looking to acquire a No. 1 d-man I'd say Larkin is the start and you're probably adding another substantial piece to the trade. That's the reality of the trade market right now, plain and simple. You're not going to get good players for leftovers.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
wtf??

why are we adding the pick?
Come on, Tatar for Pesce+3rd is a fair offer. To question the add is absurd. No way it's fair value straight up, especially with Tatar having a year left on a nice contract before he becomes an RFA. You do this deal without blinking. Pesce exceeded expectations but his ceiling is middle pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad