Captain Material? Auston Mathews refuses to talk to media after Game 4 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
A little of narcissism maybe? Really media interviews are technically for the fans as well, if you can't be bothered then that does irritate me as a fan.
fortunately youre not a fan of the maple leafs so it shouldnt matter at all to you.

also why are middle aged men clamoring to HF boards to talk about a 20 year old hockey players looks? yeesh.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
fortunately youre not a fan of the maple leafs so it shouldnt matter at all to you.

also why are middle aged men clamoring to HF boards to talk about a 20 year old hockey players looks? yeesh.

I'm not specifically saying Matthews, saying players in generals that avoid interviews.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He might be a great talent but he's still a kid - he's not exactly mature beyond his years and struggles to give even politically correct answers, they shouldn't thrust a leadership role onto him right away, give it a couple years I he doesn't look ready. Just let him play his game for now.

He was rattled when they asked him how the Bergeron line has 20 points to his lines 0 and replied "shit happens" lol that's like a Phil Kessel answer, he's not exactly a Toews or McDavid who are well versed in media replies, this is a kid who plays fortnite in his spare time and is up to date with internet memes.

Reactions: The Flow

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It's a bad look but hopefully for the Leafs he take this as a learning experience. If he's still pulling shit like this in 3 years, that's a major problem. Right now, though, it's just immaturity (not relative to the average 20-year-old, but relative to the average NHL captain).

The Flow

Jan 30, 2018
Hong Kong
Leafs media will drive the kid out of town if this keeps up. He should just ditch TO and join Kessel on the Penguins. He'll get a few cups that way.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Seems more like a Leafs board topic.

We have another Matthews thread you can continue in if you still want to discuss the media availability issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad