Injury Report: Captain JT injury (aftermath)

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
For the first time in 23 years, the New York Islanders will be going to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs thanks to this warparound beauty from captain John Tavares that came 11 minutes into double overtime against the Florida Panthers during Game 6 on Sunday night.
I hope we hear something similar to that tonight

Reactions: 29Potvin

Alkalinesky

Feb 13, 2019
I feel like we are grasping at straws hoping he comes in tonight, but wow, if he does...what a huge boost to our chances.

Reactions: TopChedder

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I feel like we are grasping at straws hoping he comes in tonight, but wow, if he does...what a huge boost to our chances.

I will say this. I don't think he returns tonight but he looks good on the ice for practice. Just mind blowing recovery. He will 100% be in the Jets series if we advance.

If we win when does the second round start again?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Tbh I picture him having better character than to do that to his family
He wants to win a cup so bad that it is his drive for life .. he owns a very large number of homes now across GTA and has done exceptionally well financially .. his contract is guaranteed and his comp is insured .. he tells people he is completely fine in every way .. but I still don't see Leafs medical guy clearing him bottom line

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
He wants to win a cup so bad that it is his drive for life .. he owns a very large number of homes now across GTA and has done exceptionally well financially .. his contract is guaranteed and his comp is insured .. he tells people he is completely fine in every way .. but I still don't see Leafs medical guy clearing him bottom line

I don’t know what any of this has to do with him lying about symptoms.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
All I meant to say was I would not put it past him to say pretty much anything to play tonite .. lying was probably a bad choice of words

Got it. I just find it hard to believe he would have symptoms but say he doesn’t to try and get with everything we know now about concussions and long term effects.

But if he feels healthy and has for over a week, I would bet he’s trying to expedite things as much as possible.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Got it. I just find it hard to believe he would have symptoms but say he doesn’t to try and get with everything we know now about concussions and long term effects.

But if he feels healthy and has for over a week, I would bet he’s trying to expedite things as much as possible.
You are right .. it makes no sense to tell everyone he is fine and has no symptoms .. he likely got extremely lucky and it was just a flash knockout to jaw

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
If he is cleared for contact by then possibly but right now he is at stage 4 of 6 of the return to play protocols

I know where he is. I was the first to reply to one of your posts last week saying he was on stage four, and linked to the return to play protocol PDF that you’ve screenshot from page 7 and have been showing to people here.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
If he is cleared for contact by then possibly but right now he is at stage 4 of 6 of the return to play protocols

Perhaps you thought I meant that Leafs were giving the players something to play for by putting JT in the line up tonight. But what I was saying was posturing that he could come back in the Jets series but Leafs need to win tonight for that to happen. So that is something more for them to play for.

Reactions: leafsgirl12

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
For the first time in 23 years, the New York Islanders will be going to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs thanks to this warparound beauty from captain John Tavares that came 11 minutes into double overtime against the Florida Panthers during Game 6 on Sunday night.

I hope we hear something similar to that tonight
Last year and this year, for the first two times in 28 years, the Islanders have won multiple rounds in the playoffs.

Barring a huge turnaround by Montreal, they will, for the second consecutive year, be the team that gave the Cup champions their toughest challenge.

Or wasn't that what you wanted to hear?:sarcasm:

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad