Post-Game Talk: Caps wake up in the 3rd win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Mentioned it after the NJ game but it seems like every season they have a big win and then just seems like they're drained for a few games.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
3 game losing streak deserves 3 of these

what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did not think that was mathematically possible until now.
It's pretty much not. Most the Blues can possibly get is 101 and Wild 99. They won't.

That's not me being sunshine and rainbows optimistic either. But it's very unlikely the Jets would miss the playoffs unless they lose almost all of their remaining games and either of those 2 teams win almost all.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
We’ve always been perceived to have a really strong top 6 fwd group but we don’t have a single player on our team at a PPG right now. Probably hard to win in todays nhl like that

Reactions: TheHead

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
We’ve always been perceived to have a really strong top 6 fwd group but we don’t have a single player on our team at a PPG right now. Probably hard to win in todays nhl like that

It's a byproduct of Rick Bowness' game systems. Don't score goals and be tight defensively.

Reactions: hn777

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm glad I had a busy weekend with home renovations and recorded the games. Started watching yesterday's game after the fact and my wife said maybe you don't want to watch - she had checked the score. This time I checked - won't be watching a 3-0 loss. WTF - these guys had better get a sense of urgency to play better. So disappointing after the great start to the road trip.:help::huh::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
At this rate I would almost prefer to drop to a wild card spot and luck out and get Vancouver in the first round. They scare me a lot less than Colorado, Dallas or Nashville do.
Maybe but Jets would have to drop to WC2 and Vegas is 10 points behind and also playing like ass. Very hard for them to catch up at this point. Although Vancouver with second seed and Jets at WC1 is possible

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Does anyone have numbers to show if "First Half Helle" is actually a thing we should worry about?

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I thought we played a good game today but couldn’t score unfortunately. If we played like this in a best of seven series every game, I’d like our chances to win the series with more even puck luck and a more rested Helly.

That being said, some strange coaching decisions over the past 2 days:

- Not really sure why Kyle Connor was thrown back onto the top line in the 3rd period today after our team seemed to play so well in the first two periods. I really think Ehlers + Scheifele (without Connor) gives us a better chance to win - frankly we are elite in large sample sizes when it’s like that. Seems we are an average/below average team when it’s Connor on top line. The data speaks for itself at this point. Are we trying to win a cup or no? Just strange stuff. Not saying that’s what caused the loss today though - I realize that.

- With today’s game being less than 24 hours after yesterday’s game, I’m not sure that pulling Helly yesterday was the right call - you’re then forced to start a goalie who faced a good amount of shots yesterday less than 24 hours ago regardless of who you go with in net. Just a little worried we’re not managing Helly’s workload too well with less than a month to go to the playoffs. It’s very clear that Helly is the x-factor for our team and we are basically below-average since January other than goaltending.

- Also, a bit concerned that our coaching staff doesn’t seem to have a clue as to what our line up (I include line combos in this) should look like on any given game-day (or in any period, for that matter). I must admit that I don’t watch a ton of games that don’t involve the jets - but do elite teams like Colorado, Dallas, Vancouver, etc. seem to dramatically change their line ups all the time like this? Seems like there’s no consistency and no purpose to what our coaches are doing lol

Honestly, thought today was ok, but the team over the past 2 months doesn’t give one confidence that they can beat Dallas and/or Colorado. And in terms of playoff seeding, Nashville is right behind us suddenly with plenty of games left. Candidly this isn’t going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad