Post-Game Talk: Caps wake up in the 3rd win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In preseason, Chevy came out and said they wanted to give Cole a run at 2C. Do you think 3 games is what he had in mind when he came out and made that statement? I am sure GM and the coach talk but since we are not privy to those conversations I can only assume based on what they have said publicly. I very much doubt Chevy was satisfied with the 3 game run that Cole got at C after he made it clear in his preseason presser that that's where he'd play (note he never made such an unequivocal statement about Vilardi playing C of which there was some speculation). My guess is Chevy would have preferred to see him get a longer look at 2C but let the coach do his job and didn't impose much esp when the team was winning. I don't know what the harm could have been to give him another run at 2C before spending assets on an external solution, worst case he's not a fit and you trade for Monahan/Lindholm. Rossi is smaller than Perfetti and is playing C for the Wild.
For me it's not that Perfetti is too small , lots of great players are and have been on the smaller side, the thing that Perfetti needs is some more speed so he can avoid the hits better and be a little more dangerous with the puck. I think that he will eventually get a little quicker and he will be a very good player for us but for this season i totally understand the Monahan trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad