max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Pretty dire over on pens side but it sounds a lot like where after we loose:
* Sullivan sucks and should have been fired mid-way through season
* The GM sucks and why do we have all of these old f***ers
* Carter signing killed the team
Carter was great for them after FA last year, scored today but hasn’t looked great lately

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Big win in terms of the standings, but I don't think either of these teams look particularly good heading into the playoffs
I didn’t see the first period but the Caps were dominant for probably 30 of the 40 minutes in the final two periods.

My biggest concern, aside from wondering if we get first period Sammy or second and third period Sammy, is Backstrom. He was noticeably awful. He’s so bad right now.

Reactions: crab and troyerlaw

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
penqiin2.png

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Yea, would be cool to do that and put CMM in his spot and just see? depends on the standings, etc… I dunno
This!

I feel like even Backstrom would get behind that. he must know he isn’t helping when not healthy and we need him in the playoffs. And get CMM some 2C action. I feel like CMM and Wilson together would be good!

Reactions: RedRocking

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

Interesting scorecard that matches the eye test. Orlov was the best. Jensen 2 - no doubt our best dee pair. Worst was Mantha and Backstrom. Exactly what i saw!

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Crosby rock bottom tho.

CMM keeps finding himself towards the top of these lists yet guy I still only getting 7mins.

Reactions: Hivemind

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
CMM looked good on every shift to me. He is looking a lot faster and won some important board battles. I know the caps like the slow roll with rookies but they won’t be able to do that next year. He will be a legit 3C with ability to pinch hit at 2C. In short, Ellers role. Need to move Eller in the offseason but I’ll take him this postseason for sure!

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Does it make you mad that he won as the starting goalie? I think it does make some people mad on this board when he wins

Here's where I'm at with our goalies now... I prefer Vanacek because he's mostly consistent and we can win games when we play well in front of him. Samsonov is what he is no matter how the rest of the team plays. Look at his stats and record. If your save percentage is sub-90%, your GAA is 3, and yet your record is 21-9, you're playing like shit behind a team that's playing well in front of you. The team pulling out that many wins despite those keeper stats is very telling.

I wish VV wouldn't occasionally turtle for 3 games at a time (that'll kill us in the playoffs), but he's less of a liability when the team plays well. These last 2 starts for Sammy were games where we clearly outplayed the other team, and yet both games were nailbiters because he lets in all these softies. Our team should be proud and confident right now, and I hope that Sammy's play isn't undermining that.

Reactions: Drakon

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Here's where I'm at with our goalies now... I prefer Vanacek because he's mostly consistent and we can win games when we play well in front of him. Samsonov is what he is no matter how the rest of the team plays. Look at his stats and record. If your save percentage is sub-90%, your GAA is 3, and yet your record is 21-9, you're playing like shit behind a team that's playing well in front of you. The team pulling out that many wins despite those keeper stats is very telling.

I wish VV wouldn't occasionally turtle for 3 games at a time (that'll kill us in the playoffs), but he's less of a liability when the team plays well. These last 2 starts for Sammy were games where we clearly outplayed the other team, and yet both games were nailbiters because he lets in all these softies. Our team should be proud and confident right now, and I hope that Sammy's play isn't undermining that.
Both goalies have major flaws. It's like arguing over who is the better looking of 2 ugly ducklings.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There was one point late when Backstrom took a pretty heavy check and he just slooooooowly crumpled to the ice like an old man….shell of himself right now. I hate seeing it at times….you just have to hope he bounces back after an off-season….

Reactions: Neil Racki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad