Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Panthers 7 pm Nov 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Caps have a Halak / Elliott situation going on. Would be bad to trade just one of them. They need both.

If that´s possible sure. But Vanecek at least shows up in time for games, doesn´t mess things up for D-men etc. Sammy was literally dangerous today.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sure. But with Vanny at least we know what we got. Sammy is like a riddle. Today he slept on the goal and then got in the way of Carlsons outlet pass. He is destructive. Vanny might not be Patrick Roy but at least he doesn´t mess things up for other people

Also add the botched leaving of the puck in playoff OT against the Bruins last season. OV was rightfully so pissed off at Sammy, he cussed him out in Russian.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Also add the botched leaving of the puck in playoff OT against the Bruins last season. OV was rightfully so pissed off at Sammy, he cussed him out in Russian.

Yeah seems to have some serious concentration issues. Hopefully it´s like with Vanecek and the eyesight, something medical that can be fixed( maybe he has ADHD or whatever) but i don´t think so. He just seems to black out at times and forget he´s playing a hockey game.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh god. I think i had blocked that out of my memory. That sucked :(
On a happier note, I liked the way Leason was creating traffic and messing with both Panthers in front of Knight when CMM collected the loose puck and potted it. I like what I’ve seen from Leason. Plays hard. And is freaking huge.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Oh god. I think i had blocked that out of my memory. That sucked :(
On a happier note, I liked the way Leason was creating traffic and messing with both Panthers in front of Knight when CMM collected the loose puck and potted it. I like what I’ve seen from Leason. Plays hard. And is freaking huge.

Yeah i like him too! Imagine him and Protas on a line together with Wilson. That´s like 20 feet and 800 pounds of flesh.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'd be curious to see the Caps record on these FLA trips over the last 20 or so years. It seems like they usually crap out whenever they have these "vacations".

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Neuvirth was the same way when he played for the Caps. He would give the look to teammates on the ice. Coaches will point out to players their mistakes. Goalies should just focus on their game!
Lol don't tell me you never gave a team mate the look.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think there may be character issues with Sammy too, in addition to the uneven performance on ice. If that was Jensen he was glaring at after the screened goal, then that’s just latest indication for me that he’s not a team guy. I mean it’s one thing to get snippy if you’re an established vet like Lundqvist (who used to get pissed at teammates), but another if you’re a young unproven commodity and if you’re staring daggers at a guy who was objectively having a hell of a game and who has been an excellent player this year. And that’s to say nothing of the ATM accident, the violation of Covid protocols, and then whatever happened during NYC trip last spring which got both him and 92 in trouble.
Guy’s not worth all the hassle IMO. But i’m no expert on goalies specifically nor prospects generally. Just my viewpoint from fan’s perspective
I agree about character issues with Sammy. Maybe he will grow up eventually.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Someone please aggregate HFBoards user/post data for me and I will run an analysis to determine, once and for all, who is the best poster.

Based on my completely unbiased eye-test, it's me.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm going to make several low-quality, cheap-pop posts in order to boost my like-count and fudge the stats.

Alex Ovechkin is great!

I love the C*pitals!

Like this post if you enjoy eating pizza!

giphy.webp

Reactions: zappa4ever

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm going to make several low-quality, cheap-pop posts in order to boost my like-count and fudge the stats.

Alex Ovechkin is great!

I love the C*pitals!

Like this post if you enjoy eating pizza!

pffft. Likes are amateur boxcar stats.

Come talk to me when your Expected Infractions per Post (xIP) is higher.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Lol Tycoon has been here since 2010 and has only received 904 likes on his posts.

Post-to-like ratio means nada here. Although I do prefer quality over quantity. So posters who flood the board should be limited in the # of posts per day, and should be part of a rating scale where anything below a threshold # would mean probation then possibly sent to work in a W. Virginia coal mine with my cousin Johnny-Lee.

The only way to make it off probation and/or banishment would be to buy pizza and or beer for the whole board.

I have spoken, let it be done.

Cordially & Coercively,
Striking Distance dba Napoleon in Training

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad