GDT: Caps vs Jackets 7pm et Feb 8

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Might be so. Consider what putting Orlov in the bumper means, though. He's a left shot. He can only shoot pucks passed from the left wing side of the ice. I think you are going to see the puck around on the other side of the ice as a starting point with that group
Orlov has taken bumper shifts before, and the puck still ran thru Backstrom and Kuzy on the right half wall.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
The Caps are a 3 line team. Most of the ice time goes to 3 lines.

Kuzy's line
Backstrom's line
Dowd's line
Eller's line plays little which is why people complain about how little the rookies play.
At some point tonight Eller will move up to Backy's LW and Snively, Sprong and McMichael might get a shift
I watch every minute of every game. I know Lavi doesn't roll 4 lines regularly, or at least beyond halfway thru reg

I was simply referring to the 3 lines that Sheary/Snively/McMic/Sprong were listed on and commenting on that as a potential 3 O-lines lineup.

Nothing more.

Figured it was well understood/a given that HDH was the defensive line since it has been for 2 years

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I've been an advocate for the slingshot for a while but one thing they don't do is take advantage of when the PK's top man lets the D skate by him. Could easily turn that into a 4 on 3 and they don't.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
The sound was regularly of bad quality. Guess the solution was to just remove it.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I've been an advocate for the slingshot for a while but one thing they don't do is take advantage of when the PK's top man lets the D skate by him. Could easily turn that into a 4 on 3 and they don't.
The problem with the PP is far deeper than that wrinkle. It's far beyond needing a new coach and a rework.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
only zone entry that worked was...the dump

still trying to run through Ovie too much though the Wilson tip was decent

Reactions: troyerlaw

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
The Blue Jackets feed has normal sound. Not sure if their guys are homers or not - can't be any worse than Locker tho :laugh:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
When you're not taking shots and perimeter passing, it's going to be a long, low shot night. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad