GDT: Caps vs Jackets 7pm et Feb 8

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Boy, Copley is going to start after all that rest. Samsonov....It has to be bad in there for them to choose their 4 over a rested 1. I guess you have to wonder where this is going?
Really ugly.

May as well move him before destroying any value he has.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
You've got to wonder if there is a deal in place, or something really close to being worked out, and the Caps don't want to risk injury. If not, playing the #4 over Samsonov is really puzzling. Also, has Copley jumped Fucale due to Fucale's recent struggles in Hershey, if even temporarily? Fucale is the only one of the four under contract for next season, right? Wouldn't you want to get him games to see what he has over Copley, who may not be here next year? I guess this is why I'm not a coach or GM!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
633245eac652c64b58765f8e7a5923a4.jpg

I hope Tommy didnt throw that last punch

edit -- he did but he intentionally missed with it, tried slowing it down as much as possible. Love how they skated to the center circle, no quick glove drop sneak attacks

Reactions: Marshall

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Boy, Copley is going to start after all that rest. Samsonov....It has to be bad in there for them to choose their 4 over a rested 1. I guess you have to wonder where this is going?

It sure looks bad for Sammy.

How do you start a guy who looks lights out one night, and gives up 3 on 3 the next?

Reactions: txpd

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You've got to wonder if there is a deal in place, or something really close to being worked out, and the Caps don't want to risk injury. If not, playing the #4 over Samsonov is really puzzling. Also, has Copley jumped Fucale due to Fucale's recent struggles in Hershey, if even temporarily? Fucale is the only one of the four under contract for next season, right? Wouldn't you want to get him games to see what he has over Copley, who may not be here next year? I guess this is why I'm not a coach or GM!

I think Fucale is hurt. I doubt there is a deal in place for Samsonov. The Caps need to win these games. Playing a 4th string goalie is not the preferred path to the W

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok, so it appears that Samsonov was supposed to be on the ice yesterday and "got caught" and didnt make it. They seemed to be saying that he needed to practice yesterday in order to play today. What happened yesterday? dont know

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok....Changes in the power play tonight. Laviolette said twice its "a different look." He said, "more people to the net." He said "Two units". "Kuzy on one and Backy on one." "Bringing some numbers around the net will create some scoring chances in a better area."

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ok....Changes in the power play tonight. Laviolette said twice its "a different look." He said, "more people to the net." He said "Two units". "Kuzy on one and Backy on one." "Bringing some numbers around the net will create some scoring chances in a better area."

(Bronx cheer)

Reactions: txpd

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
welp for the fwds we have
it looks like Lavi is trying to ice 3 lines that 'could' provide balanced offense and more speed
vs. size w/Protas/Leason

LGC

'bout time games are back

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I imagine Ovechkin will still be on PP2 in Sprong's place. Ovechkin usually doesn't practice with PP2 so that other guys can get reps.

Might be so. Consider what putting Orlov in the bumper means, though. He's a left shot. He can only shoot pucks passed from the left wing side of the ice. I think you are going to see the puck around on the other side of the ice as a starting point with that group

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
??
Scoring line 1 = OV/Kuz/Sheary
Scoring line 2 = Snively/Backi/Wilson ?
Defensive line = McMic/Eller/...SPRONG ??
or is Backstrom the defensive line

The Caps are a 3 line team. Most of the ice time goes to 3 lines.

Kuzy's line
Backstrom's line
Dowd's line
Eller's line plays little which is why people complain about how little the rookies play.
At some point tonight Eller will move up to Backy's LW and Snively, Sprong and McMichael might get a shift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad