GDT: Caps vs Isles 7 pm Apr 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pens fan here. Thanks for doing us a favor. We'll probably somehow blow it and lose to Chicago or Columbus, but at least you gave us a chance.

I'll repay the favor and root for you in the lottery now. Maybe some of our tanking luck will pay off for you.
Thanks for f***ing up the Islanders shit tonight, drinks are on us at the Pens board boys.
I saw your board. I knew all along you guys secretly loved Tom Wilson and now we have the receipts. Never forget!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Goose bumps when Wilson like a mad man negates an icing with the score 4-2 exploding into the boards. He must really want the bruins to play pinata with crosbys head in round 1. Wilson played playoff hockey tonight.
I was at the game and he was everywhere. He looked really good. Skating legs were there and he had a few really nice shifts in the offensive zone. Very encouraging to see him moving the way he was moving last night.

I really like Dylan Strome. Seeing him in person you get an appreciation for how well he thinks the game and sees the ice. Terrific pickup by BMac and staff.

Sandin has a lot of potential but there’s some serious work that needs to be done defensively. I think he’ll improve over time but yeah, he’s nowhere close to being an Orlov replacement right now.

Kuznetsov was sad to watch. He used to be must-see TV and it’s a bummer to see what he’s become. Just zero effort defensively and not a lot of compete in any phase of the game.

Snively was noticeable in a good way. He’s a smart player. Could have something there.

Protas and Milano were both pretty bad. Protas seemed to get a bunch of shifts at center but I don’t think he did much with them.

They’re going to re-sign Craig Smith, aren’t they?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Geez. How bad are the Islanders?
They are a below average team with a Vezina goalie. They’ve allowed the fifth most high danger chances behind only Anaheim, Montreal, Columbus, and Buffalo. They’re underwater in most other possession metrics but have the second highest PDO. They’re similar to the Rangers last year except the Rangers had a bunch of young talent that hadn’t matured yet and were buoyed by Shesterkin while the Islanders are old and would be closer to the lottery without Sorokin.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I am going to really enjoy watching the Pens get their shit pumped in the playoffs.

reasonsimbroke-larry-david[1].gif

Ehhh .. I hate how their mullet rocking fans flock the steps of the museum to chant shit after a win but I feel tied to the Penguins to some degree.

Like two old rivals kinda tip their hat to each other as they ride off into the sunset.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was at the game and he was everywhere. He looked really good. Skating legs were there and he had a few really nice shifts in the offensive zone. Very encouraging to see him moving the way he was moving last night.

I really like Dylan Strome. Seeing him in person you get an appreciation for how well he thinks the game and sees the ice. Terrific pickup by BMac and staff.

Sandin has a lot of potential but there’s some serious work that needs to be done defensively. I think he’ll improve over time but yeah, he’s nowhere close to being an Orlov replacement right now.

Kuznetsov was sad to watch. He used to be must-see TV and it’s a bummer to see what he’s become. Just zero effort defensively and not a lot of compete in any phase of the game.

Snively was noticeable in a good way. He’s a smart player. Could have something there.

Protas and Milano were both pretty bad. Protas seemed to get a bunch of shifts at center but I don’t think he did much with them.

They’re going to re-sign Craig Smith, aren’t they?
Kuzy is checked out.....which is expected now, it just wasn't expected the whole season. How they can possibly continue with him on the roster next year is unfathomable to me.

View attachment 685704

Ehhh .. I hate how their mullet rocking fans flock the steps of the museum to chant shit after a win but I feel tied to the Penguins to some degree.

Like two old rivals kinda tip their hat to each other as they ride off into the sunset.
I'll tip my middle finger to them.....that's about it. Mutual respect....F that, can't do it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
View attachment 685704

Exactly how I feel. A simple head nod with a thizz face as you walk by.

92Ul.gif

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Exactly how I feel. A simple head nod with a thizz face as you walk by.

92Ul.gif
Nope. They are the Cowboys, the Yankees, and the Blue Devils. I can never be happy for them (Yanks are *maybe* the closest) or their fans.

Like period, ever. I’ve got buddies of most teams I hate- and I can be happy for them (Eagles, Giants, Bruins, Flyers, Rangers, Red Sox, Tarheels, Wahoos, etc etc etc….), but NOT the aforementioned 4-some.

NOT EVER

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nope. They are the Cowboys, the Yankees, and the Blue Devils. I can never be happy for them (Yanks are *maybe* the closest) or their fans.

Like period, ever. I’ve got buddies of most teams I hate- and I can be happy for them (Eagles, Giants, Bruins, Flyers, Rangers, Red Sox, Tarheels, Wahoos, etc etc etc….), but NOT the aforementioned 4-some.

NOT EVER
Don't care about the rest. But I will never, ever, ever feel anything good where the Pens are concerned.

True story (apologies if I've told this here before): Years ago, right after the catastrophe of 2009, some new friends who knew I was a "hockey fan" but didn't know hockey themselves, were flying through Pittsburgh, saw a Pens Cup t-shirt at the airport, and very thoughtfully bought it for me. I never even unfolded it. I opened the wrapped gift and thanked them sincerely. Then I privately told the husband, who's a FLA State fan, how thoughtful they were, but also what that shirt actually meant to me and that it would "never touch my flesh". He immediately said, "OH! It's like getting a Gators shirt! I totally understand. Do you have a dart board? I'll mount it for you." IYKYK

Last edited:

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Don't care about the rest. But I will never, ever, ever feel anything good where the Pens are concerned.

True story (apologies if I've told this here before): Years ago, right after the catastrophe of 2009, some new friends who knew I was a "hockey" fan but didn't know hockey themselves, were flying through Pittsburgh, saw a Pens Cup t-shirt at the airport, and very thoughtfully bought it for me. I never even unfolded it. I opened the wrapped gift and thanked them sincerely. Then I privately told the husband, who's a FLA State fan, how thoughtful they were, but also what that shirt actually meant to me and that it would "never touch my flesh". He immediately said, "OH! It's like getting a Gators shirt! I totally understand. Do you have a dart board? I'll mount it for you." IYKYK
A team I supervised at work found out about my hatred of all things penguin and decided to buy a penguin costume for a dress your sup day. I obliged for team engagement purposes with the understanding that they wouldn’t get it back.
Prior to the 17’ playoffs I held a ceremony and recorded it on FB where I burned it as a sacrifice to the hockey gods. 😂

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
A team I supervised at work found out about my hatred of all things penguin and decided to buy a penguin costume for a dress your sup day. I obliged for team engagement purposes with the understanding that they wouldn’t get it back.
Prior to the 17’ playoffs I held a ceremony and recorded it on FB where I burned it as a sacrifice to the hockey gods. 😂
didn't work. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad