Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Hawks 7pm Dec 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ovie in particular played the OT last night like 5v5. He shouldn't be handling the puck if he's going to take low percentage shots or force passes. They might be good plays in the second period when he has two defensemen and a center backing him up, but turnovers kill in OT.

I feel like a every team has figured out how the play OT except us. You basically hold on to the puck until you have a great shot at scoring a goal. Don't shoot otherwise. It's simple. I don't know what Wilson was doing in OT last night.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I was in CapOne tonight. Hags not the problem. I thought he played well tonight.

Sprong was awful.

that I said we play our “fourth line” way too much.

If their assignment is to match against the opposing 1st line and the opposing 1st line plays a lot, most do, then they will play a lot. Most teams dont want to match 1st line against 1st line. So, Ov goes out and against the opposing match up line and then the opposing 1st line goes out against the Dowd line. Normal 4th lines play against opposing 4th lines.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't get to watch the game. Which rookie is that?

It was the 3 rookies line. 47-24-49. It looked like McMichael and Leason went to the same guy which left the defenseman open. The winger usually takes the defenseman but I am not going to pin it on anyone. Laviolette said after the game that someone blew converage and didnt name names. Where the mistake was made it couldnt have been the Caps defensemen that missed the coverage. One shift after the goal Lavy had them right back out there

Reactions: tenken00

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I feel like a every team has figured out how the play OT except us. You basically hold on to the puck until you have a great shot at scoring a goal. Don't shoot otherwise. It's simple. I don't know what Wilson was doing in OT last night.
Wilson did have a good scoring chance. What are you complaining about?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It was the 3 rookies line. 47-24-49. It looked like McMichael and Leason went to the same guy which left the defenseman open. The winger usually takes the defenseman but I am not going to pin it on anyone. Laviolette said after the game that someone blew converage and didnt name names. Where the mistake was made it couldnt have been the Caps defensemen that missed the coverage. One shift after the goal Lavy had them right back out there
I don't think Leason was even on the ice. I'm pretty sure it McMichael and Protas. I think they were in the middle of a line change and Protas hadn't gotten off yet. Not sure which player missed their assignment.
It looked Protas backed off and went to the other side to cover his wing. No one picked up Jones in the middle.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think Leason was even on the ice. I'm pretty sure it McMichael and Protas. I think they were in the middle of a line change and Protas hadn't gotten off yet. Not sure which player missed their assignment.
It looked Protas backed off and went to the other side to cover his wing. No one picked up Jones in the middle.

Right. Protas was in the Leason spot. Good catch.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Elbow into the face behind goal, it looked like he was literally reaching with elbow to his face. Was a stupid, very.

Oh....no. Thats part of his job. A brain dead penalty is an offensive zone stick on the hands penalty. Hathaway gets elbowing and charging and roughing. He gets his money's worth and they didnt get him to be a good boy.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh....no. Thats part of his job. A brain dead penalty is an offensive zone stick on the hands penalty. Hathaway gets elbowing and charging and roughing. He gets his money's worth and they didnt get him to be a good boy.
Are you saying that the type of penalties Hathaway takes aren't brain dead penalties?
Any type of penalty can be a brain dead penalty depending on the situation.
I find that Eller, Kuzy and Hathaway take some poor penalties at bad times.
Surprisingly Hagelin has taken some bad penalties this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad