Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 2 - 2021-22

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Leonard good screen on the vermont goalie and Gautier score his 2nd of the night. And another goal for BC the next shift 4-0.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Got no point (goal or assist) on the play. PNHLe score unaffected. Has no bearing on whether he's going to be good or not.
/s
icegif-866.gif

Having my professional career technically supporting a spatial/data analysis flagship product for 20+ years it is laughably easy to see where data input has issues. If you watched the game last night I'll shut the hell up and respect the take. Otherwise...

-mPJ1i.gif

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Having my professional career technically supporting a spatial/data analysis flagship product for 20+ years it is laughably easy to see where data input has issues. If you watched the game last night I'll shut the hell up and respect the take. Otherwise...

Hah.

I should clarify and provide background, and to acknowledge that I did not watch the game. While my specific job doesn't utilize much in the way of analytics or spatial analysis, my employer (wth... I work for MITRE) has a heavy focus in the area, and I respect the output of those processes (for my field) as long as the inputs 'make sense', given my 20 years of history in a specific technical analysis discipline.

PNHLe, used by some to determine prospect rankings, only factors in points. It's only stated purpose is to compare individual points-based performance across various junior, minor, and International leagues.

A 'good play' that doesn't lead to a goal or assist being awarded to the player who made said play will therefore not lead to a positive comparison for that player versus others.

My only point was to criticize the use of PNHLe to rank prospects.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
And just for the record, the creator of PNHLe stated over the summer that "Ryan Leonard tracks as a player with much higher offensive upside than the PNHLe model projects."

Reactions: hb12xchamps

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hah.

I should clarify and provide background, and to acknowledge that I did not watch the game. While my specific job doesn't utilize much in the way of analytics or spatial analysis, my employer (wth... I work for MITRE) has a heavy focus in the area, and I respect the output of those processes (for my field) as long as the inputs 'make sense', given my 20 years of history in a specific technical analysis discipline.

PNHLe, used by some to determine prospect rankings, only factors in points. It's only stated purpose is to compare individual points-based performance across various junior, minor, and International leagues.

A 'good play' that doesn't lead to a goal or assist being awarded to the player who made said play will therefore not lead to a positive comparison for that player versus others.

My only point was to criticize the use of PNHLe to rank prospects.
Sincerely appreciate this post.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
just missed on a deflection

That was impressive. Man among boys play, by Leonard. And the beauty of a pass for the apple.

Pretty sick.

And I LOATHE BC Hockey — f*** that team (I’m a UNH alum…some of my fondest memories were at the old Snively Arena from 88-92, saw almost all their home games …also been to BC, BU, Prov, Maine, Verm, and Northeastern arenas. Fun times)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad