Confirmed with Link: Caps sign C Mikhail Grabovski

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
If he comes over this year, it'll most likely be (925k/total number of days in the regular season*number of days he spends with the Caps).
Everything else will be in the bonus cushion that will not hurt us year because A) it's impossible to reach performance bonuses in like 10 regular season games, B) we don't have other youngsters with high bonuses so we won't spend to the "bonus cap" ($4.825M this year).
That's what I figured, but wasn't sure if the bonus cushion was part of the new CBA. Thanks to both you and brs.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Leafs fan here-

How's Grabo looked in the preseason?

On one hand, I hope he recovers from last year... on the other hand, if he does, I'll be more afraid of him than AO when the Leafs and Caps face off.:laugh:

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Leafs fan here-

How's Grabo looked in the preseason?

On one hand, I hope he recovers from last year... on the other hand, if he does, I'll be more afraid of him than AO when the Leafs and Caps face off.:laugh:

He hasn't played yet, though I think he was going to play tonight. Just joined the team Tuesday after finally getting his visa settled.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Leafs fan here. I hope you guys enjoy watching Grabovski, he's an awesome player and i'm glad he's finally being given an opportunity to succeed. Perfect 2nd line centre for you guys.

One thing to watch out for his how much he skates with his head down. He got demolished at least once a week with the Leafs.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Leaf fan here. Congratulations on the awesome Grabo pickup, I guess it's nice to have a front office that doesn't have their head up their arse. But don't feel sorry for us, we picked up "can't skate, can't fight, can't score and can't think" David Clarkson with all the money we saved.
Please tell your coach not to get any advice from Randy Carlyle or he'll be putting him in a 4th line grinder role.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If Fehr doesn't figure out how to be a centerman in his own zone I can easily see Laich moving to 3C and Erat to 2LW.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Leaf fan here. Congratulations on the awesome Grabo pickup, I guess it's nice to have a front office that doesn't have their head up their arse. But don't feel sorry for us, we picked up "can't skate, can't fight, can't score and can't think" David Clarkson with all the money we saved.
Please tell your coach not to get any advice from Randy Carlyle or he'll be putting him in a 4th line grinder role.

Kind of like how we traded our 2nd best prospect for a guy on a 4.5M salary that we can dump on our 4th line and give 9:00 TOI? :help:

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Kind of like how we traded our 2nd best prospect for a guy on a 4.5M salary that we can dump on our 4th line and give 9:00 TOI? :help:

Don't forget Latta haha sorry, but ya Filip is a good one coulda had Filip and Kuza s you're 1/2 on left wing. Bur to be honest I don't think anyone say Filip taking the step he did but what can ya do.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Some athletes respond to demotion with pouting, sulking, whining publicly and self doubt. It damages them. Others, it seems, respond with anger, determination, and fire to prove the coach wrong.

Looking like Grabo falls in the latter category, which bodes well. He aught to have a really nice season playing within Oates system, then sign a solid 5 year deal, with another team next year. That's the GMGM way.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Some athletes respond to demotion with pouting, sulking, whining publicly and self doubt. It damages them. Others, it seems, respond with anger, determination, and fire to prove the coach wrong.

Looking like Grabo falls in the latter category, which bodes well. He aught to have a really nice season playing within Oates system, then sign a solid 5 year deal, with another team next year. That's the GMGM way.

He's got to have about the biggest chip ever on his shoulders. Let's hope he brings this intensity consistently.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario

Ya pretty much. He proved Montreal wrong too with a bunch of productive seasons on the Leafs. His first year on the Leafs he led the Leafs in Pims and most of them came against Montreal :laugh:

Glad my favorite player is now a Cap. Treat him well

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Did you forget the :sarcasm:?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

lmao wow Grabo pots a hat trick and all of a sudden the Leafs are worthless?

Grabo is a stud and so is Clarkson. Chill.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
always loved Grabo. glad to see he's doing well.

haven't watched him yet for the Caps. in his new role, this was the perfect fit for him.

what do you expect out of him. and is he preferred to Johansson on the top pp with the big boys??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad