Post-Game Talk: Caps/Sabres, 12/5/16, 7pm ET, Phone Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I think they're past that. Holtby didn't just speak out from a happy, cohesive locker room. There's probably something brewing and ready to boil over.

This does not look like a team that's all on the same page, or even reading from the same script.

Him saying the other day that the team needs to get in 'better shape' definitely caught my attention

A. It's probably true, but also B. a goalie, who is largely spared the rigors of a bag skate, saying that the team needs to be bagskated suggests either there is already discord in the locker room or there soon will be.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
unreal that we're only down 1 goal and still in this game.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Remember last time we were freaking out about maybe not making playoffs so our gm made a forsberg for erat type trade?

Something tells me something like that could happen again. We move Burro for someone who just doesn't fit here and Burro scores 25 next year and solidifies himself as a legit top 6 weapon... or something like that.

We suck right now - but let's overreact on message boards, have team vent and get mad in locker room, have Trotz bench players, etc.... cannot overreact like a forsberg/erat type thing again.... please no.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Ovie is a possession black hole right now, but he has hit a couple if,iposts in the past few games.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Every GDT for the foreseeable future should be Washington Capitals vs. Washington Capitals.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Beagle is only guy with prayer of scoring right now, it seems. Getting better chances SH than rest of team at ES. That was a great delay and set-up by Winnik, btw. Very nice play

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Lol anyone can see this team has no viable offensive system. Once they cross the middle it's hodge podge. Unless someone dekes 3 guys, it's futile.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Trying to figure out which is more likely right now -- JDub finishing the game -3; ovie taking one more minor; or Caps failing to convert on a late PP

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Trying to figure out which is more likely right now -- JDub finishing the game -3; ovie taking one more minor; or Caps failing to convert on a late PP

I'll take all 3. Quite possibly all at once. Buffalo scores shorthanded with Williams on the ice, and Ovechkin is penalized for something stupid after the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad