Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Ratless Bears (NBC pregame nonsense: 3pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
does anyone have a vid of the Beagle hit?

I was at the DCU game so I missed the Caps game.

Is he getting suspended for that?

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
does anyone have a vid of the Beagle hit?

I was at the DCU game so I missed the Caps game.

Is he getting suspended for that?

No suspension, but it did look bad. My read is that Miller looked like he was standing up near the boards, Beagle commits to the hit, Miller decides not to stand up, Beagles hip hits Millers head into the boards. Beagle sought him out because of a slewfoot against Wilson.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yeah the Beagle hit wasn't good. I'd understand if he got a call from the league and a game, but that other dude who took out Wilson's leg from behind needs to get one too.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Grubauer only with 23GP. Need 25 to be credited as winner of the Jennings trophy

I'm not sure about this. Last season they lost it to the Ducks on the last day of the season and Grubs only played 22 games.

Plus I saw this today:

Chasing Jennings – The William M. Jennings Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it. Washington leads the NHL in goals against this season (179) and has a 10-goal lead over Columbus in second place (189). The Capitals are aiming to win the award for the second time in franchise history. Al Jensen and Pat Riggin combined to win the award for Washington in 1983-84.

Unless of course you only mean that Holtby would win it on his own and Grubs is not a part of it.

Which now that I re-read your post you probably DID mean.

I'm an idiot. ;)

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Hmmm...really didn't expect them to win today. Thought they would relax but that was definitely not the case.

Nice to see that they dominated the Bruins and took them to the woodshed. Considering it could be a first round matchup, I'm glad they gave them no hope.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I'm not sure about this. Last season they lost it to the Ducks on the last day of the season and Grubs only played 22 games.

Plus I saw this today:

Unless of course you only mean that Holtby would win it on his own and Grubs is not a part of it.

Which now that I re-read your post you probably DID mean.

I'm an idiot. ;)

Yeah:naughty:

Btw, Holtby has 13 GA advantage to protect, to win the trophy, I hope he doesn't use all of them:sarcasm:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hmmm...really didn't expect them to win today. Thought they would relax but that was definitely not the case.

Nice to see that they dominated the Bruins and took them to the woodshed. Considering it could be a first round matchup, I'm glad they gave them no hope.

the way they are playing is workman like. Wilson didn't start trucking yesterday until after Burt got hammered. I expect they will do what they have been doing. Lock the neutral and d zones down. Give them very little.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Backstrom has 56 points in his last 46 games.

While averaging below 18 minutes per game.

Geez.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Backstrom has 56 points in his last 46 games.

While averaging below 18 minutes per game.

Geez.

His passes are absolutely perfect, as you can see on the goal by Shatty. He's arguably the best playmaker in the league, right next to McDavid, Kane and Crosby.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
His passes are absolutely perfect, as you can see on the goal by Shatty. He's arguably the best playmaker in the league, right next to McDavid, Kane and Crosby.

Agreed.

540 assists since entering the league in 2007. 3rd most only behind Thornton (558) and H.Sedin (553). I think he'll overtake both of them by the end of next season. But even now that's a bit flawed comparison because of ages. Backstrom was a rookie in 2007 while Thornton and Sedin were pretty much in their primes already.

Behind him are Getzlaf (517), Crosby (498) and Kane (467).

Damn McDavid. If it wasn't for him Backstrom would have again easily lead the league in assists. McDavid has 68, Backstrom 63 and Hedman, Kane and Getzlaf are tied 3rd with 55.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There have been times over the last year or so that suggested that Kuzy made Backstrom expendable. I think this season has quashed that idea for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad