GDT: Caps @ Rangers - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
Any shot is a good shot against Kuemper. Doesn't matter the depth or the angle. Just throw it at the net and there's a solid chance it goes in and he just looks up completely dumbfounded

Reactions: troyerlaw

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The silver lining is that we have a goalie getting paid starter money and performing like a backup, and a goalie making backup money playing like a starter. They should trade salaries and everything would be fine.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Shift one it was obvious that Kuznetsov was going to take tonight’s game off. An absolute embarrassment. I’m so over him. What a colossal waste of talent.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I am at the point that I think Kuzy could go on waivers and no one would pick him up at his current cap hit and play - he would clear IMO.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Shift one it was obvious that Kuznetsov was going to take tonight’s game off. An absolute embarrassment. I’m so over him. What a colossal waste of talent.

I can't wait for GMBM this summer to use this line:

gordon-ramsay.gif

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Caps work hard and play well within their system but when your top paid players can’t produce, your margin of error is tiny.

You got $17M on the ice that can't produce (8 and 92), and then $14M permanently on the shelf (19 and 77). This is an extremely well coached cap floor team. Teams that don't spend to the cap don't make the playoffs, it's as simple as that.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My only question at this point is why does Kuzy get a sweater?

I guess they judge he's a better option than Phillips who is currently the 13th forward (and he needs to earn his paycheck).

Things get uglier once Pacioretty is activated (and Milano or Oshie return). I fear Carbery will have to sit somebody less deserving of a healthy scratch than Kuznetsov.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad