Post-Game Talk: Caps Preds 8:00 the return of the nisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
These issues are NOT mutually exclusive. The coaching can be poor and the players can need changing. I don't have a f***ing clue what other coaches are available, but I do believe Trotz has run his course here. I'd be happy to see some roster changes along with a new coach.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
When will people start to realize/except that the coaches are not the problem? This is a broken core that peaked years ago. Things will never change until the core does.
Well, yeah. Ovechkin is a hot dog and Backstrom is slow. Kuznetsov is an artiste. Etc.

But it's also true that Trotz never coached a real star forward in Nashville so I'm not sure he really knows how to handle them. Old. Young. Somewhere in between. I don't think he really knows how to push their buttons when the first and only D-first plan isn't working.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He is not a player you win a cup with. Kuzy and Holtby would be my first two sell high players to rebuild the team with. No band-aids to try to win this year or next. Young players with upside and hopes to get a team with some speed and skill.
You just cited a broken core and then you come with Kuzy and Holts? What about 8 and 19?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Question for the get rid of Trotz crowd here, who's out there that you believe could step in right now and do a better job? Disco Dan
Easy answer. Trotz is a known commodity, someone who will absolutely not get you to the promised land unless he has 9 future hall of fame caliber forwards allowing the team to score 3.5 goals per game on raw talent. The unknown? I don’t care, anyone not named Trotz or Oates. May be worse, yes. But may ve better.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If OV is going to miss the net from point blank, he’s really got nothing to offer. He’s garbage otherwise.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why does Stephenson only have 5 mins of ice time through 2 periods? They gotta get him on the ice more than that. And I think he should be killing penalties for this team.

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
This board tonight, man.

THIS TEAM SUCKS. this team's ok, I guess. THIS TEAM SUCKS. this team's ok, I guess. OVI IS GARBAGE JUICE! ovi is delightful. OVI IS GARBAGE JUICE! ovi is delightful. BLOW IT UP. we could surprise people in the playoffs. BLOW IT UP. we could surprise people in the playoffs.

Reactions: ovikovy817

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This board tonight, man.

THIS TEAM SUCKS. this team's ok, I guess. THIS TEAM SUCKS. this team's ok, I guess. OVI IS GARBAGE JUICE! ovi is delightful. OVI IS GARBAGE JUICE! ovi is delightful. BLOW IT UP. we could surprise people in the playoffs. BLOW IT UP. we could surprise people in the playoffs.

Who said "we could surprise people in the playoffs?" :lol:

Reactions: troyerlaw

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This board tonight, man.

If you pay attention closely, everyone is more or less sticking to their guns. This is a frustrating game, so of course you might see some hot takes. Outside of GDTs, everyone has a reasonable image of the team IMO.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
You just cited a broken core and then you come with Kuzy and Holts? What about 8 and 19?

I know this is all far fetched but to try to keep in a little real and still sell tickets. This is how I would do it. Most guys would still be under contract so they would bring more. Look at the Matt Duchene trade. The team should be able to pull in 8-10 players and picks for this list. Will they all be stars? No but I would rather roll the dice on a rebuild then keep watching knowing how it will end. Only to be left in an even worse spot in the long run.

2017 - Carlson, Kuzy and Holtby
2018 - Nick
2019 - OV if he wants to go

Reactions: calicapsfan

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Move Kuzy for picks/prospects at the TDL and use the 7.8 mil that he's earning for the next 7 years to at least make a stab at signing UFA Taveras next summer.

Tavares is going to earn $10M. What happens if Tavares hesitates and decides to sign with the Islanders? You have no Tavares and no Kuznetsov. Back to square 1.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
When will people start to realize/except that the coaches are not the problem? This is a broken core that peaked years ago. Things will never change until the core does.
You would think we’ve had Scotty Bowman, Joel Quenville, and Mike Babcock give it a try. One season of Dale Hunter and Adam Oates should not count. So essentially we are talking about one coach, Boudreau. A guy who had a lesser defense here in Washington and has failed miserably when it counts on his two other teams.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
There must be a rule on the Caps; thou shalt not one-time shots unless you are OV on the PP. Collect the puck and wait until the goalie and defense re-establish position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad