Post-Game Talk: Caps Preds 8:00 the return of the nisky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hopefully our PK improves with Nisky's return.
The guy that will benefit the most from Nisky's return is Carlson, he won't have to play 27 minutes per night anymore.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Im pretty much done with Chiasson...hopefully he gets waived at some point.

Waived? :biglaugh:
He got top line duty a week ago for a little bit because of his sturdy veteran-ness. He also got put out the last few minutes when Caps needed a goal. But hey, they squeaked out a few wins so Barry is not that bad.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Looking forward to this one, never gets old being reminded of the Forsberg trade and what might of been.:sarcasm:

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Sept 19: Washington Post
Alex Chiasson: "This has been the biggest change system-wise"
"When you used to different things, whether it's in the offensive zone or
the defensive zone, now you're thinking a little too much on the ice"
"I think as the days go on here, hopefully it's a more natural thing than
trying to be a robot out there"
I read that as both a knock against Trotz's sytem, and that Chiasson doesn't fit in.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Looking forward to this one, never gets old being reminded of the Forsberg trade and what might of been.:sarcasm:
I doubt Forsberg developed into the player he is if he was still in Washington. In Nashville he was put on the 1st line and top pp unit immediately. Here he likely would have sat in the minors awhile and once he got here probably would have been a bottom 6 player.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Sept 19: Washington Post
Alex Chiasson: "This has been the biggest change system-wise"
"When you used to different things, whether it's in the offensive zone or
the defensive zone, now you're thinking a little too much on the ice"
"I think as the days go on here, hopefully it's a more natural thing than
trying to be a robot out there"
I read that as both a knock against Trotz's sytem, and that Chiasson doesn't fit in.
How do you gather either of those two things from that quote? Every team has their own system, and it takes time to adjust if you're a new player.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
How do you gather either of those two things from that quote? Every team has their own system, and it takes time to adjust if you're a new player.
For me, it's the terminology, "Biggest change" "Robot", "thinking a little too much".

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I doubt Forsberg developed into the player he is if he was still in Washington. In Nashville he was put on the 1st line and top pp unit immediately. Here he likely would have sat in the minors awhile and once he got here probably would have been a bottom 6 player.
I know some here don't like to play the "what ifs", but the way I see it if Forsberg was here there really wouldn't have been a need for acquiring Oshie.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I know some here don't like to play the "what ifs", but the way I see it if Forsberg was here there really wouldn't have been a need for acquiring Oshie.

did we get Oshie or Williams first, I can't quite rememeber. And when did GMBM start pursuing Oshie, Oshie may have been brought up long before Williams.

either way it was possible to bring in both guys, just very unlikely of course. But GMBM saw that two year window after 2014-15 and he went hard after Oshie and Williams, so he still would have stacked up if Forsberg were here.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
did we get Oshie or Williams first, I can't quite rememeber. And when did GMBM start pursuing Oshie, Oshie may have been brought up long before Williams.

either way it was possible to bring in both guys, just very unlikely of course. But GMBM saw that two year window after 2014-15 and he went hard after Oshie and Williams, so he still would have stacked up if Forsberg were here.
Williams signed July 1st, the next day, Caps traded for oshie. in case you're still wondering.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Forsberg's ELC ended in 2015-2016. So in the first year of the two year window, we could've fit all our key components plus Forsberg. Maybe we would've won the Cup with that, who knows? But then, he would've signed for at least $6M with us last year, forcing Johansson and someone else with a high cap hit off the roster a year before we traded Johansson.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Forsberg's ELC ended in 2015-2016. So in the first year of the two year window, we could've fit all our key components plus Forsberg. Maybe we would've won the Cup with that, who knows? But then, he would've signed for at least $6M with us last year, forcing Johansson and someone else with a high cap hit off the roster a year before we traded Johansson.
I don't think the Caps would have given Forsberg much of an opportunity at first. We tend to take alot of time with our prospects. Only reason our young players are playing this year is because we are forced to.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Good point on the ELC, it couldv've worked. I don't see Eller and Winnick with their salary, but we would probably still have to get rid of Laich. Would it still be Oates as coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad