Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
You sound triggered.
FYI, Beagle isn't here anymore, he led the team with a 58.5 FO %, highest on the team. Let me put it in a way that someone like yourself can understand, puck possession is a good thing, winning faceoffs is a good thing. This year, the other team is winning more faceoffs which means the Caps have the puck less...that's not a good thing. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Faceoffs aren't the problem.
Stephenson is fine in the circle, he's won 6 of 10.
Backstrom is at 54.6%, won 107 out of 196.
Eller has won 68 of 130...52.3%
Kuznetsov could be better than he is (39.7% 69/174). He's also matched more frequently against defensive centers who are usually good faceoff guys.
But I guess you don't want to accept any of this. You're obviously a troll. 19 months on here, give me a break.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Faceoffs aren't the problem.
Stephenson is fine in the circle, he's won 6 of 10.
Backstrom is at 54.6%, won 107 out of 196.
Eller has won 68 of 130...52.3%
Kuznetsov could be better than he is (39.7% 69/174). He's also matched more frequently against defensive centers who are usually good faceoff guys.
But I guess you don't want to accept any of this. You're obviously a troll. 19 months on here, give me a break.
Like I said, selective stats are selective. Look, you have an agenda, and I only know you as much as I do but your coming across as a complete idiot and stubborn beyond comprehension. I've tried to meet you half way but at this point there's no getting through to you. Teams are simply playing at a higher level against us...or did you forget about the Cup?

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Like I said, selective stats are selective. Look, you have an agenda, and I only know you as much as I do but your coming across as a complete idiot and stubborn beyond comprehension. I've tried to meet you half way but at this point there's no getting through to you. Teams are simply playing at a higher level against us...or did you forget about the Cup?
I'm not going to forget to punch you in the face next time I see you

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
I'm not going to forget to punch you in the face next time I see you
Yeah, just like last time right? bloody knuckles and a broken mirror. It's clear that since you have nothing to back up your claims that you resort to personal attacks, how sad. Maybe the administators and mods can create a special forum for beer league level posters like yourself, tough guy.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
With Rinne taking a 2 years 10 mil extension. It will be interesting to see what bob gets.
Holtby will fall somewhere between those 2. If holtby wants more then 7per I would move in with his decline in regular season play.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I think the weird schedule has hurt the team some, but I think they're also missing Wilson a lot more then they'd let on.

I also really hope Djoos shows well enough to stay in the lineup for good now. He's our 4th best defender in my eyes, and I'd much rather have him and Bowey eating up minutes in a less stressful season to see if Bowey is the guy for the future or not.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I have to admit that I didn't even consider the possibility that Holtby would be shaky to start the season, though maybe shaky isn't the right word. Maybe inconsistent. He's made some amazing saves, and blown some that were much easier. No real changes to be made there at the moment, but if Samsonov wants to suddenly start playing like a 10 year vet, I'd be cool with that.

I thought Bowey was pretty noticeable last night, mostly in good ways. He jumped up in the play a bunch - at one point I texted Drake noting that Bowey was at the other team's goal-line.

More than just 70, the whole team is pretty inconsistent - one period they look like crap, another they look like the Cup champs.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
More than just 70, the whole team is pretty inconsistent - one period they look like crap, another they look like the Cup champs.

Which is why this whole situation is just motivation, or lack thereof. Its November people. The Caps effort reflects the lack of urgency that comes with... November. There is nothing wrong with the system, or individual players, or the roster, or even Holtby, than a little dose of give-a-$hit won't solve. When this team decides to play hard, they can't be beat. But its November, so they don't really play hard until their down 2 or 3 goals.

If thats still happening in February, I'll start to worry.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think the weird schedule has hurt the team some, but I think they're also missing Wilson a lot more then they'd let on.

I also really hope Djoos shows well enough to stay in the lineup for good now. He's our 4th best defender in my eyes, and I'd much rather have him and Bowey eating up minutes in a less stressful season to see if Bowey is the guy for the future or not.
Djoos is our 4th best dman? When did that happen?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Djoos is our 4th best dman? When did that happen?
3rd among Caps D in points, 2nd in +/-, 1st in Corsi and Fenwick, 4th in ES goals for/60 when on ice behind Orpik, Bowey, and Carlson, 3rd in ES goals against/60 when on ice behind Kempny and Bowey, 1st among all Capitals in expected +/- , constantly making good decisions with the puck, good positioning without the puck. Maybe you have a unique way of evaluating defensemen.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Bowey has been a nice surprise, Jaskin even more so. Both big dudes with physicality and some skill -- great for the future. This team has all kinds of depth. Especially if Samsonov comes along nicely -- in case Holtby continues to be mediocre/inconsistent.

Once they start rolling, I think this is going to be one hell of a team.

Btw, Jaskin has looked pretty good with everybody lately, but there's one more guy to try him with -- Backstrom. Good to have options.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad