Caps future

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Cam Baker could be a likely option of the Caps fall out of the top 3. He's alot like Sergei Gonchar. You can teach Barker the aspects of the game he doesnt not excell at folks. But he has the natural ability and mental approach you can not teach.

He's still my #4 prospect of the 2004 draft.

To bad the Caps couldnt have had 3 first rounders in 2003 :( 2004 is still a solid one though.

Them and the Rangers are loaded with draft picks, but it's obvious the Caps have a more talented and deep farm system.

st_roland

X-SHARKIE said:
Cam Baker could be a likely option of the Caps fall out of the top 3. He's alot like Sergei Gonchar. You can teach Barker the aspects of the game he doesnt not excell at folks. But he has the natural ability and mental approach you can not teach.

He's still my #4 prospect of the 2004 draft.

To bad the Caps couldnt have had 3 first rounders in 2003 :( 2004 is still a solid one though.

Them and the Rangers are loaded with draft picks, but it's obvious the Caps have a more talented and deep farm system.
I was thinking the same thing as soon as the rebuild was evident.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I like the way the Caps D could come together without Barker actually. Maybe pick two or three other d-men :eek: with their early picks this year, but a forward at first, and go with Morrisonn and Eminger as the top two potential guys and build around them, but I'm extremely high on both those cats though so I could be wrong.

As for what I said about Fussey, Chimaera is pretty well right, the guy just gives it all the time, not the greatest player out there, but he's a fan favourite type.

st_roland

Jacobv2 said:
I'm impressed with what the Caps have gotten in such a short amount of time, considering their hands are tied.

I was critical of them being even in the top 15 in terms of prospects, but right now, there's no doubt they're top 10. Great mix of all positions, all kinds of players, even if there's no real superstar in the bunch.

They look to be building towards the OLD Caps team, the intense, stifling defense built around top notch goaltending.

AND they've got high and low picks in the first round this year.

I disagree, I think the caps are number 1 with a bullet right now. Sure they've got a weak defensive prospect corp, but their depth of forwards and goalies is just awesome.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
st_roland said:
I disagree, I think the caps are number 1 with a bullet right now. Sure they've got a weak defensive prospect corp, but their depth of forwards and goalies is just awesome.

I won't disagree. With these pickups, they should be set for a good while. However, this draft will really shape where they are in terms of talent. If they pick up a few good players, then they'll definitely move up into the top 3.

I still think much of the ratings are pretty subjective. Who knows who will pan out?

The reason I'm hesitant to say the Caps are pretty much set is due to their not being much more beyond Semin in the lines of explosive, extremely high level talents. I feel Semin is rare, but it's players like him who seperate teams prospects frmo the pack.

And... I still think they need a big dominant center prospect up front. Along with more defense, as they're running into a dillemma with Yonkman/Cutta, who are both talented prospects who haven't shown much except for potential.

I also wouldn't be opposed to us picking up Barker. But... defenseman can be picked later and will always take a while to develop. Building a good defensive corps will take a lot longer than most expect.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
i disagree

EroCaps said:
I disagree with your assessments of Eminger, Fehr, and Sutherby.

There's no evidence to support any statment suggesting that Eminger is pouting or struggling, he's playing a bad system on a bad AHL team. He was never a blue-chip offensive defenseman, but he does have the tools to be a very good all-around #2-#3 player in the mold of a Redden or Ohlund. He's shown flashes of brilliance, and is too young to go labelling a bust.

According to the Portland fans, Eminger's play has been generally dis-interested.

I've heard that from quite a few of the regulars.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
shanwon said:
According to the Portland fans, Eminger's play has been generally dis-interested.

I've heard that from quite a few of the regulars.

Dis-interested is better than awful IMO, with Hanlon behind the bench.

Management probably reassured Eminger of the temporarl nature of his AHL stint. of course, you'd like to see better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad