Post-Game Talk: Caps @ de worst Leefs on Eart (730pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Its also great that the team loses Carlson and doesn't skip a beat. Our D depth is ridiculous.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
That was an old fashioned whippin' out by the woodshed. Would not mind playing these guys in the first round.

The only thing that worries me about the Leafs is Andersen. He could definitely pull a Nuevirth and steal a couple of games.

GreatEight

Mar 29, 2017
I wouldn't mind seeing Toronto in round 1. I think that is a 5 game series for the Caps.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Almost wondering if the 82 game NHL season is too long for Kuzy. When he's rested he does amazing/start of seasons.

If he is cold again in playoffs/last stretch of regular season - he may be the piece we should move for start of next season...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Dang, not sure who Bill Waters is, but listening to the Leafs post game show and damn does he hate Alex Ovechkin.

"Selfish Russian. Drunk at the All Star game in Columbus. Will never win anything as he doesn't show up in the playoffs, doesn't listen to coaches." On and on he went, was waiting for the other guy to jump in but he never did.

He should let some of that hate go, it can't be good for him.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Regular season is winding down and it looks like we're a slightly better team in a slightly better spot than last year. The boys should be stoked about their prospects. They keep putting in the work - only a matter of time before they get rewarded unless they're a truly cursed bunch.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Very good road game.

I told you before the game, Wilson will score.:yo:

A goal for 3rd line, a goal for Shattenkirk, a goal for Schmidt, it was nearly a perfect night, if they could only hold the shutout for Grubauer.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I think it says a lot about how Schmidt has developed and matured lately that he can miss an entire month of games, and spend most of the warm ups goofing around with Holtby because he didn't expect to play (as the TSN feed kept pointing out), and slot back in and not miss a beat. Last year Trotz's rotation of the #6D between Schmit, Chorney and Weber really did for Schmidt's confidence, and it showed when he returned to the lineup each time.

I was also really pleased to see them play Schmidt with Alzner - with a D corps this deep, keeping the pairings together where possible makes a lot of sense. We could so easily have ended up with Alzner-Niskanen, Orlov-Shattenkirk or something.

Also, while Schmidt would be in the top-4 of a lot of teams right now, no team in the league has a better #7, #8 or even #9 and #10 in Ness and Gilbert. Likewise, our backup goaltending would rival a lot of starters. The only questionable aspect right now is our forward depth - Vrana and Carey are both good players, but neither is a complete NHLer right now.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Dang, not sure who Bill Waters is, but listening to the Leafs post game show and damn does he hate Alex Ovechkin.

"Selfish Russian. Drunk at the All Star game in Columbus. Will never win anything as he doesn't show up in the playoffs, doesn't listen to coaches." On and on he went, was waiting for the other guy to jump in but he never did.

He should let some of that hate go, it can't be good for him.

What channel or radio network?

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Not at all.

Why though? He is slumping at the same time he was last year; and everyone says we lost the playoffs because he was a no-show.

Obviously he has a few more games to turn it up, and he had some good looks last game, so I will hold my tongue reluctantly.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Almost wondering if the 82 game NHL season is too long for Kuzy. When he's rested he does amazing/start of seasons.

If he is cold again in playoffs/last stretch of regular season - he may be the piece we should move for start of next season...

Right after we will trade Holtby, Carlson and release overpriced scrubs Oshie and Alzner.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
And Shattenkirk stepped up his game tonight, we can be rock solid on the blue line even with Carlson or Niskanen out. We have 7 NHL defensemen, no playoff team is as deep as us on the blue line.

I would say the Pens are as deep, not sure skill wise but they are pretty loaded for this post-season.

All of their hurt guys should be back by the playoffs (if rumors are true).

Letang, Dumoulin, Cole, Schultz, Daley, Hainsey, Streit, Maatta, is pretty deep. Plus a fill in they have been using Ruhwedel has been a good number six for them.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Opted to watch Leafs feed to listen to their analysts. It was a TSN feed actually. Said a lot of good things about the Caps.

Good game. Solid and calm performance from most of the players. I thought 1st line didn't sweat much though :D Leafs aren't ready to compete with Caps yet.

Also, Gruby was not happy to let that go in! Such a competitive guy he is. Nice to have him.

Bottom line. We have to play in a marathon yet aren't firing on all cylinders physically. We can rev it up for sure. Its good to see. Lets go Caps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad