GDT: Caps @ Cbus 7pm (not televised but internetz stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
What did Carberry say before. Speed isn’t just speed. It is pace. Playing with good pace!

I too love the grind goals! Protas and Beck need to play a lot this year. Sets us up for next two OV years but they need the game experience.
It's sad this simple truth seems to escape so many coaches. In any live-"ball" sport (to simplify) the ball virtually always moves faster than everyone else. I guess the exception is maybe, like... ultimate frisbee or something? Good movement of the priority object makes your team a lot better than its parts

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
oh he took that away with some authority, like "get out of here"

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It’s funny. Play a contending team (BOS) play your best. Play a shit team (CLB) then play prospects. may have something to do with Game 4 vs 5. But still funny.

Did Keumper play in first?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It’s funny. Play a contending team (BOS) play your best. Play a shit team (CLB) then play prospects. may have something to do with Game 4 vs 5. But still funny.

Did Keumper play in first?
just Lindgren so far as I can tell

Reactions: DWGie26

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
oh my god, Miro with two great looks but that goaltender was doing work

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
McIlrath absolutely won that, there were some straight shots in there that looked like they sucked

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
AA NHL-ready
Protas NHL-ready
Malynstyn NHL-ready
HHA - looks pretty damn NHL-ready to me
CMM NHL-ready
Phillips doubt he’ll ever be more ready
Miro - if he’s not NHL-ready he’s daaaamn close

Lappy, Limoges and Frank not bad…

he's gonna be pretty damn good. still don't know how good, but good enough to feel good about

honestly, and it feels gross to say, but at this point as far as his development is concerned I'm way more worried about the health issue cropping up again than any of his on-ice stuff.

I see no reason to think he’s not on the big roster by next year at the latest (full time). Could be this year if injuries…

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
AA NHL-ready
Protas NHL-ready
Malynstyn NHL-ready
HHA - looks pretty damn NHL-ready to me
CMM NHL-ready
Phillips doubt he’ll ever be more ready
Miro - if he’s not NHL-ready he’s daaaamn close

Lappy, Limoges and Frank not bad…

I see no reason to think he’s not on the big roster by next year at the latest (full time). Could be this year if injuries…
Yeah this cabinet is cooking a little, and the system they're in now is really displaying a better version of some of them. If this works out that next wave of guys with Leonard, Cristall, and the young D might be a real win. Suzy looked a little lost this year but he did basically jump right from juniors to pro camp. HHA doesn't just look ready, he looks pretty damn good which is a nice potential win for a group that hasn't had an unexpected splash in a while.

It's not a bad spot to be in and it starts to grate at me a little seeing so many "Caps old so bad" power rankings when the system is way better stocked than their contemporaries.

Too many good efforts from the young forwards to give Mantha a spot in the lineup. Thems the breaks
I'm good with it. Sit opening night and see how you approach things. And to be fair, he has been a little better this game (in the first period, I stopped focusing on him after to cook dinner) but if he doesn't grade out real positive on that little chart I'm open to saying "it's not the previous coach, it's you, find the gear or lose the job"

He thinks he's giving it his all but apparently to be a real player we need "mom lifts car off baby" Mantha and I don't know how to get that from him.

Reactions: twabby

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
the finish isn't there but honestly with him right now, just appreciate that the process is there more than in the first games because it's something we're kind of stuck with
Oh I'm sure he'll get his GPs on this old team. I just don't want Carberry to feel like he has to play him when he plays really crappy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It's weird to see a play where the between the legs move is actually the right move instead of a fancy little trick, but that's one of them.

Reactions: um

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Comparables for Haman Aktell? Best I've come up with is Sanheim but that's a bit more frame than style.

Somewhere in the vicinity of Hampus Lindholm & Marcus Pettersson are probably good options to pattern his game after initially. Perhaps in time he can add more offense but just being pretty steady and efficient are enough, particularly as top 4 insurance should someone struggle. At the very least his emergence gives them the option to spread minutes out over each pair. Still some key adjustments to make going up against premier talent but the only way to learn is to go through it and his fundamentals are pretty solid.

Last edited:

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’m not as optimistic as the rest about the young forward group. I think we have some good third/fourth liners and maybe an impactful second liner but no top end talent. It’s hard to win in this league without it and I’m less confident that OV can carry this team the way he would need to.

Reactions: Capitals40

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I’m not as optimistic as the rest about the young forward group. I think we have some good third/fourth liners and maybe an impactful second liner but no top end talent. It’s hard to win in this league without it and I’m less confident that OV can carry this team the way he would need to.
I agree. The good news is The Caps should have lots of cap room in 2 years to bring in some top free agents hopefully.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad