GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
imagine the fact that Fiala started bad this season and he caught on fire with Moore and Danault finishing the second highest point producer. What does Hiller do? He puts in Arvidsson who hasn’t played all year with Moore and Danault and puts Fiala with f***ing Lewis.

Fiala needs to be on danault line
I concur

There’s also evidence to suggest that the only reason the 2003 draft turned out so deep is because that entire class of prospects got an “extra” year of development during the lockout.
Could you imagine Brown in his 2nd season after scoring 1 NHL goal...he might have scored 5 without his time in Manchester with Michael Cammalleri and playing a tonne

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Will blake stay at the bridge and properly go down with the vessel, or will he sneakily paddle away on his surfboard so it only appears he has some valor
Where or where is Mike Futa these days bet he could done a helluva lot better than numbnuts

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
It's an interesting point and I can't provide a good counter argument.

Just fits your parting notion that any prospect can be drafted and developed into a good player regardless of the strength or the draft class.

Opportunity and psychology are criminally undervalued and misunderstood aspects of developing pro athletes. Most of these kids have greatness in them. It’s just a matter of teasing it out in the right way.

Reactions: King'sPawn

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There’s also evidence to suggest that the only reason the 2003 draft turned out so deep is because that entire class of prospects got an “extra” year of development during the lockout.
It's possible. I think for sure Brown benefited from it.

It's sort of like the argument that hockey players are more likely to be successful if they're born earlier in the year (January and February).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just fits your parting notion that any prospect can be drafted and developed into a good player regardless of the strength or the draft class.
Sorry, my fault for missing the point 😆
Opportunity and psychology are criminally undervalued and misunderstood aspects of developing pro athletes. Most of these kids have greatness in them. It’s just a matter of teasing it out in the right way.
Absolutely. It's not surprising how Byfield started playing like a top line player (even without production) when he was, you know, put on the top line.

Successful hockey professionals are inherently competitive people, and respond when challenged. If your coach doesn't trust you, you either will try to prove them wrong or you'll not trust yourself. But if a coach thinks you're capable of overcoming a challenge, you will more than likely focus on the challenge to overcome.

At least that's my armchair psychological opinion..

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
My prediction: PLD with 2 goals tonight (both put in by the Oilers) in a 4-2 loss. Due to that, he isn't bought out or traded. Next year, he's even worse than this one.

Reactions: BaileyFan

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Pessimism aside, I would love for the Kings to win tonight. The next 24 hours after an underdog playoff win against a Canadian team is so much fun. I love relishing in it.
pushing them to 7 would definitely make for some good drama but i'm good with a punishing defeat too

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kings come out with a ton of energy, physicality, and focus, and still end the 1st down 2-0. They never come close to recovering. 4-1 final score
i hope they come out and bang like they did 1st period of last game, that was so fun to watch

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The amount of time between these two games gave me a lot of time to come to grips with the finality of all of it. Like when it’s over I’m not going to feel as bad about it as I did on Sunday.

I did kind of feel bad for them on Sunday

LIke that was a great effort on one hand

On the other, hey, if you would have shown that effort in the last 20 games, you wouldn't be staring over the cliff at your own grave, so go f*** yourself.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
i hope they come out and bang like they did 1st period of last game, that was so fun to watch
It's so frustrating to me that guys like lewis, doughty and Kopitar know that you HAVE to do that every single game in the playoffs to have even a sliver of a chance and they can only manage to fire up the team, what... Like less than 5 periods to play like that since 2014? They've forgotten how hard it is and won't ever be able to do it again as the cornerstones of a team

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
whisky.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad