Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Cats - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don't get the Hoffman hate.

1) The thing with his girlfriend was never proven and the case was thrown out of court later for lack of evidence.

2) What is Hoffman's crime there? Believing his own girlfriend over his teammate's wife? I'm pretty sure every guy would believe his own girlfriend over someone else's.
1) 100% she did it
2) It’s not like she was accused of calling Ottawa’s best player ever fat, or ugly, or saying lol you have cancer, but that it was her own fault her child was stillborn. And Hoffman’s response to this accusation was a magazine spread with pictures with their dogs.
UPDATED: Hoffman, fiancée deny harassing the Karlssons

Jun 15, 2007
1) 100% she did it
2) It’s not like she was accused of calling Ottawa’s best player ever fat, or ugly, or saying lol you have cancer, but that it was her own fault her child was stillborn. And Hoffman’s response to this accusation was a magazine spread with pictures with their dogs.

The more heinous the accusation the less likely you are to believe it of someone you love. I don't see how it reflects poorly on him for believing her unless he was presented with incontrovertible evidence, which as far as I know doesn't exist.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Boyle is certainly not a top 6 player but Mike Hoffman (despite being a *******) is a very good player. He had 36 goals and 70 points last year and has been a 20+ goal scorer his entire career.

I know who Hoffman is. I didn't say he sucks. He's 6/4/10 this year so far. Just saying, our 2nd line has a decent-sized advantage (watch the Cats mop the floor with us lol).

Anyway, in in keeping with posting etiquette here, I'd just like to say that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. xxoo

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
1) 100% she did it
I think the entire incident is ridiculous whether she is guilty or not.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Is it bad that I don't want Panik back? I'm glad he's feeling better and all but Caps were just fine without him.

Not really, I like having youth and they are doing great without him. Who knows what he'll provide, especially come February or March. We're in a good position as a team. Lots to be happy about and they can probably trade Panik if they like what they have chemistry wise. One thing is for sure Leipsic and Hathaway are worth every bit.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The more heinous the accusation the less likely you are to believe it of someone you love. I don't see how it reflects poorly on him for believing her unless he was presented with incontrovertible evidence, which as far as I know doesn't exist.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hoffman's fiancee is so manipulative and controlling that she calls all of the shots in their relationship. IF she was guilty of harassing the Karlsson's then a person who would do that and say those things has some serious issues. I would expect somebody like that to lie easily and without compunction, and to use emotional blackmail, etc to control a relationship. If that were the case (and of course it's just my opinion), then that doesn't make Hoffman a bad person. It makes him a person who is in a bad relationship and might not have the stones to get out of it. I'm sure we've all had friends and family members in that situation before.

Reactions: 895

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Following the logic from HFboards, Hoffman doomed the Sharks

Reactions: Heath

Jun 15, 2007
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hoffman's fiancee is so manipulative and controlling that she calls all of the shots in their relationship. IF she was guilty of harassing the Karlsson's then a person who would do that and say those things has some serious issues. I would expect somebody like that to lie easily and without compunction, and to use emotional blackmail, etc to control a relationship. If that were the case (and of course it's just my opinion), then that doesn't make Hoffman a bad person. It makes him a person who is in a bad relationship and might not have the stones to get out of it. I'm sure we've all had friends and family members in that situation before.

Yeah exactly.

Even if everything is true about his girlfriend, that just makes Hoffman naive and gullible, not a bad person.

The only way Hoffman is a bad person is if he had a part in it or knows his GF is guilty but doesn't care and there's zero evidence of either of those things.

Reactions: Heath

Jun 15, 2007
Jesus christ we look terrible. Partying too hard with the Nats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad