Post-Game Talk: Caps Canes 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I would rather go big and move Holtby. He will never have more talent in front of him then he did the past two years. Still waiting on him to steal a game of even better a series. He let on a lot of bad timing soft goals in this past playoff run.

I got destroyed for suggesting this early last season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I see Alex Chiasson scored a goal in tonite's game.

I was told by some of the Caps faithful that there was no way Chiasson was making the Caps roster and was basically laugh at the notion that I had him penciled into the Caps opening night lineup.

The Caps need a right handed player to take over Williams spot on the power play so Chiasson is probably going to be that player due to being a cheaper option thanks to Washington's cap troubles.

I think Chiasson has a decent chance to make the roster, but not at all for the reason you described. He's not going to sniff any powerplay time while the team is fully healthy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I see Alex Chiasson scored a goal in tonite's game.

I was told by some of the Caps faithful that there was no way Chiasson was making the Caps roster and was basically laugh at the notion that I had him penciled into the Caps opening night lineup.

The Caps need a right handed player to take over Williams spot on the power play so Chiasson is probably going to be that player due to being a cheaper option thanks to Washington's cap troubles.

Chiasson making the team would be mostly due to the fact that the effort level in this training camp is non-existant. That's one of the worst training camps I've ever seen.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If you saw a flash in the past 2 games, they probably made the team.

Graovac
Walker
Chiasson #Bloodline
Djoos

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
"With our first selection in 2018 entry draft, the Washington Capitals are proud to welcome from Frolunda Sweden, Rasmus Dahlin."

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I would rather go big and move Holtby. He will never have more talent in front of him then he did the past two years. Still waiting on him to steal a game of even better a series. He let on a lot of bad timing soft goals in this past playoff run.

If your trading Holtby its because your blowing it all up. You will never get return value for a top 5 goalie.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I got destroyed for suggesting this early last season.

And the person suggesting it here should be too. You'd get a lackluster return for a top goalie in the NHL. You can rank him anywhere from 1-3 depending on your preferences but he's no lower than 3. Nobody is trading away a top pairing defender for a top goalie.

If you want to rebuild, sure go for it but otherwise it makes no sense.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
And the person suggesting it here should be too. You'd get a lackluster return for a top goalie in the NHL. You can rank him anywhere from 1-3 depending on your preferences but he's no lower than 3. Nobody is trading away a top pairing defender for a top goalie.

If you want to rebuild, sure go for it but otherwise it makes no sense.

OK, he's a 1-3 and he crapped the bed vs the Pens last year.

So you trade him and you get cap relief and Gruby can be just as bad.

I'm not saying that I know the answer, but Holts was horrible last playoffs. I don't hate Holtz, but...........

I'm 40 plus years into this show. Keeping Trotz and Ovi is a bad decision. That train is going nowhere. Trotz will never take a team to a higher level, and Ovi is spent.

No rebuild. Go with Backs, Kuzy, Oshie, Burakovsky, Wilson, Eller, Beagle, Vrana, Niskanen, Orlov, Carlson and fill with kids and vets. Hell, Graovac looked as good as any 4th liner the other night than I have seen in years.

I'm just tired of the crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad