Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
DKajx3nWkAA7IyM.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Planned I’m sure...no mention of anything other than a switch.

Tough hockey to watch but I did see ONE nice sequence by Djoos. Hurray...

The Wicker Man

Cup or Shut Up
Nov 25, 2015
Russia
Nathan "Nasty Coala" Walker is such a pain in the ass for opponents. Like the idea of having him and Tommy in lineup in one time.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I see Alex Chiasson scored a goal in tonite's game.

I was told by some of the Caps faithful that there was no way Chiasson was making the Caps roster and was basically laugh at the notion that I had him penciled into the Caps opening night lineup.

The Caps need a right handed player to take over Williams spot on the power play so Chiasson is probably going to be that player due to being a cheaper option thanks to Washington's cap troubles.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I was told by some of the Caps faithful that there was no way Chiasson was making the Caps roster and was basically laugh at the notion that I had him penciled into the Caps opening night lineup.

Scoring a goal does not guarantee a roster spot.

The Caps need a right handed player to take over Williams spot on the power play so Chiasson is probably going to be that player due to being a cheaper option thanks to Washington's cap troubles.

They have Wilson or Connolly to take that spot, so probably not.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Walker looks more deserving. They might need a Williams replacement on the PP, Chiasson isn’t the answer.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It was a quick release by Chiasson, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's nudged ahead of DSP, who has struggled to stand out during the run of play I think. IMO it will come down to one of those two and then one of Stephenson or Graovac as the extra.

The Wicker Man

Cup or Shut Up
Nov 25, 2015
Russia
Agree. PP goal is OK, but it's not Chiasson's job. Team needs offense badly outside PP (1 ES goal in 4 games so far) - and there Chiasson hasn't shawn a lot.

At this moment Walker and Graovac are taking wing spots at 4th line.

Stephenson, Chiasson, if signed, and DSP are battling for 13th and 14th forward positions (in order of current priority).

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm not so worried about our offense, our top 6 is gonna put up goals regardless of what the bottom 6 does throughout the year. I still think our defense is a train wreck.

I wonder if they're hoping to package Grubauer at the trade deadline for a "core" type player...?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I know preseason hockey doesn't mean squat, but there are a lot of teams playing young guys and fringe players with a lot more coherence (and offense). I mean we've been pretty anemic, even for preseason hockey. I don't know if this is an indictment of our depleted pipeline, the vets not giving a hoot, or Trotz hockey with less talent.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't know if this is an indictment of our depleted pipeline, the vets not giving a hoot, or Trotz hockey with less talent.
Yes.

1-3 with one goal 5-on-5 and the one win coming in a game where they were outplayed and almost doubled up in shots. Let the hangover narratives commence.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I wonder if they're hoping to package Grubauer at the trade deadline for a "core" type player...?

I would rather go big and move Holtby. He will never have more talent in front of him then he did the past two years. Still waiting on him to steal a game of even better a series. He let on a lot of bad timing soft goals in this past playoff run.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Djoos looked better. Walker is definitely making the team. Vrana looked dynamic. I don't think Boyd and Barber are anything more than AHLers.

The vets sans Kuznetsov all looked either bored or bad. I know it's preseason, but... come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad