Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canadiens on csn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not watching. How are things looking? Namely interested in bubble guys (Stephenson at center instead of wing, DSP, Bowey, etc).

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Also, sad LOLs at Siegenthaler, who's only been noticeable three times: 1) when he totally wiped out on his own and went flying into his own net, 2) when he tried to get on the wrong team's bench after the first intermission, and 3) losing his stick and fumbling the stick hand-off from Wilson then immediately letting his man score on the PP.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Also, sad LOLs at Siegenthaler, who's only been noticeable three times: 1) when he totally wiped out on his own and went flying into his own net, 2) when he tried to get on the wrong team's bench after the first intermission, and 3) losing his stick and fumbling the stick hand-off from Wilson then immediately letting his man score on the PP.

Nerves

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Not watching. How are things looking? Namely interested in bubble guys (Stephenson at center instead of wing, DSP, Bowey, etc).

Lots of penalties, so not a ton of 5-on-5 play, and what 5-on-5 play I've seen has been pretty flat. Very few clean plays or passes, lots of kids just hacking and whacking at the puck. Vrana was noticeable during his first shift but has since disappeared. Obviously Kuzzy's got the two goals, but they were both off the rush on the PP. Ovechkin looks like he's playing at half speed. Laughlin singled out Bowey for praise during the intermission. Siegenthaler has been a one-man keystone cops comedy show. DSP has been invisible.

EDIT: Looks like Vrana got credit for that second PP goal, which went in off a defender's stick off the rush.

Last edited:

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah, totally not going to fault the kid (especially for the first two, which were just goofy mistakes and didn't affect anything at all). But maybe a little bit of an eye opener for those armchair GMs who are always in a rush to put prospects into their potential lineups.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
When I said I wanted the league to crack down on clutching and grabbing this isn't what I meant.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Bowey has looked good. Calm and making good calls in coverage and when to jump up and when to retreat.

Stephenson has looked like an adequate 4th line center. Seigy has looked a little lost but he is not panicking.

When I said I wanted the league to crack down on clutching and grabbing this isn't what I meant.

Admittedly I am on old school fan, I like hitting and scoring, but all these PP's make this game unwatchable. Can't wait until they regular season starts and they stop calling this ticky tac garbage.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
What's he done (or not done)? I haven't noticed him at all--which, as far as a guy like that goes, I'd usually take as a good thing.

Takes him multiples tries to clear the puck out.

Just had another egregious turnover.

OOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad