Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canadiens on csn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Siegenthaler looked totally awestruck all game. Hard to blame the kid; it’s Montreal after all. Toss that performance out and evaluate him on the next one.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A few thoughts from the game:

8-92-13 is a great offensive line but they were held back in the 2nd and 3rd by the young Caps defense that was unable to exit the zone cleanly. 8-92-13 is obviously not a very strong line defensively, and Ovi mailed it in tonight. At least they weren't completely overwhelmed like the lines 2-4.

Wilson played a nice game but he was unable to bail out his linemates. DSP played a decent game and got the game winner. Connolly was barely noticeable and the other Caps forward prospects didn't generate anything in the offensive zone.

Regarding defense, Bowey played a strong game in his own zone and ran the PP nicely. He fed Ovi straight in his wheelhouse a few times but the latter never took that shot. Orpik was ok but you would expect him to do better. Siegenthaler appeared to be distracted at times. Williams should be cut from the roster as soon as possible, he looked like a 15 year old kid playing with adults. He knew what to do but he's just overwhelmed physically. The Habs forecheckers were constantly picking on him.

Jokipakka should be let go immediately. He's garbage.

Both goalies played an excellent game. Copley was invincible in the 3rd period.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Always nice to win in Montreal.
I saw the scoresheet.
penalties 4 vs 9. woof.

Well, as a good team on special teams (especially PP) for the last few years, I would be happy if the refs and the league continue with this joke rules like faceoff violation.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Glad to hear Bowey is doing well. I was a little worried given the time he missed due to injury last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad