Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Broons - Apr 18 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I'm okay with losing some games. Not okay with the continuing narrative in all of them: the Caps don't have a reliable goalie. No positive dynamics whatsoever. 2 good games, 2 absolutely awful games. No in between.
I mean the Caps dominated both this games this weekend. Won one, lost the other against a good team. If anything, how they played this weekend was a big improvement. I think they were a combined 70% or so in xG% on the weekend. Cant get much better than that.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Now 3 games in a row vs NYI... Lavi better have some words after this one

Let Sammy play all 3 and lets see if he can be playoff #1

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
New toy scored a goal again, NYR chances are getting slimmer, and we get true test coming up with remaining schedule. Rest up caps, you'll need it. No more bottom feeder teams left.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We lost this one, and Bruins have had the best of us lately (if you dont count that game where they played with Providence team). But im not that worried meeting them in playoffs.. they depend for their first line more than anyone, and their D is not strong.

we missed Chara and its clear we need him on the lineup. He has fastly become so important.

Rask took 4-5 big saves on the third, could have gone either way.

third game for short time.

lets panic!

Reactions: Pomee

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
We lost this one, and Bruins have had the best of us lately (if you dont count that game where they played with Providence team). But im not that worried meeting them in playoffs.. they depend for their first line more than anyone, and their D is not strong.

we missed Chara and its clear we need him on the lineup. He has fastly become so important.

Rask took 4-5 big saves on the third, could have gone either way.

third game for short time.

lets panic!
Great game. Rask was the difference. Bruins are missing 3 of their top 4 D. With the addition of Hall, the second line (with Krecji and Craig Smith) should be much better, I think it's Washington and Boston in this division. Looking forward to getting our D healthy.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I mean the Caps dominated both this games this weekend. Won one, lost the other against a good team. If anything, how they played this weekend was a big improvement. I think they were a combined 70% or so in xG% on the weekend. Cant get much better than that.
Mate I think I made it pretty obvious that my main problem with them is goalies. What does xG% have to do with that?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm getting flashbacks of the Bruce era. No defense. No goalie. Great offense.
That's how one of the former Lavi team fanbases described him, but I don't remember which one. Maybe NSH.

In Lavi's defense though, 5v5 scoring is a huge component of successful playoff hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad