GDT: Caps and Sabres 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I have a basic amazon fire tv in my bedroom, no cable but you can stream everything and one of the apps is the local NBCSW where I can watch Caps games in my bedroom. I normally will watch the second half or last period up there.

Last night it wanted me to create a NBC account for "three free credits" ... did NBCSW app change? Are they going "for pay" even though I have NBCSW through my cable provider?

Anyway .. wife was like "you can go downstairs and watch" bc i was constantly checking in on the game on my phone. IM like "nahh .. im good, were gonna lose, its cool"

f*** me .. wake up this morning to a Tommy Wilson late goal and an OT winner.
I use the app sometime…..just checked….I was able to link my tv provider (directv) and I skipped the account creation part and it let me in the app. And yes….looks like they have consolidated their streaming…. Curious to see next game….

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I use the app sometime…..just checked….I was able to link my tv provider (directv) and I skipped the account creation part and it let me in the app. And yes….looks like they have consolidated their streaming…. Curious to see next game….
Alright thanks for the reply.
Im used to the "link to your cable provider" thing NBCSW has you do every 6 months or so but this one was diffirent, didnt give me an option to link ... then Hulu had the Caps game blocked due ot local blah blah blah

So NBCSW is now just NBCS

thanks man

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Winning is more fun than losing, but that said, here is a live look it at the Caps on again off again attempt at tanking:

russian-tank-stalling-crashing-fail-13651181336.gif

I wish they would make up their mind which direction they want to go and commit! :D

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps Currently in 13 draft spot. Chance at Bedard went from 3% to 0%. If the the team in the 11 spot wins the lottery, I'm going to cry.

I think there's no chance they leapfrog FLA and Isles to make the playoffs.
I like their odds to pass NYI and Fla more than dropping below Ott and Det, Sens have the toughest remaining schedule in the league and Red Wings have the least talent of the teams in the mix

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Caps Currently in 13 draft spot. Chance at Bedard went from 3% to 0%. If the the team in the 11 spot wins the lottery, I'm going to cry.

I think there's no chance they leapfrog FLA and Isles to make the playoffs.
The way the other teams are playing it may just happen.

It really is a battle of the mediocre teams.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I can’t believe people are still talking playoffs
Why wouldn't they?
Caps go on any kind of a decent run and win both games v NYI and they can be in
From there, anything can happen (lest we forget MTL a cpl years ago)
Am I holding my breath for that to happen? not a chance

Am I going to watch game by game and adjust my expectations accordingly? ding ding ding

If Caps lose next 3, then sure let's go tanking, there's still plenty of time to drop a few spots,
but impossible to be lower than 10th worst,
so why not see what happens the next few games

edit:
why aren't all the bottom dwellers bottoming? curious

only 3 teams in the bottom 10 are 'properly' tanking:
L10's: DET 2-7-1 PHI 2-7-1 and SJS 1-7-2
4 of the bottom 10 are doing it all wrong:
L10's: VAN 7-2-1 ARI 5-3-2 ANA 5-2-3 and CBJ 3-4-3

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just saw you guys won last night lol I thought you had lost.

Hope you make the playoffs over the Isles and Cats. Wouldn’t feel right.
The 0-6-0 stretch after the ASG likely sunk them. They still have two games against the Isles and a game in hand so it’s not impossible but it’s going to take a hell of a run to get in. They’re at 73 points with 13 games so the most points they can earn is 99 and I assume it’ll take 94(ish) to get in. It requires them to either go on a tear like they did in December or both the Isles and Panthers to crap out pretty hard, all while hoping the teams in between like Ottawa and Buffalo don’t go on a run either. Probably too much to ask for this year.

At this point I’m just hoping they don’t finish high enough to pick 15th or 16th. Would be the worst possible outcome.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Looking at the next 6 games I think we could get 8/9 points The Wild are the only team playing well. They havent lost since getting Mojo lol who knew

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why wouldn't they?

Am I going to watch game by game and adjust my expectations accordingly? ding ding ding

If Caps lose next 3, then sure let's go tanking, there's still plenty of time to drop a few spots,

edit:

Well F‘ing said. If they claw their way in, I will cheer my ass off like last night when they tied it up.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Why wouldn't they?

edit:

Because players don’t want to tank. And bad teams play each other too, see our next game.

This isn’t some up and coming team where you are improving and would be happy for the experience, or a middling franchise where it would be a win just to make it. This team is regressing and needs to make the most of this reset. This isn’t 1986 anymore, I’m no longer happy just to make the playoffs, I want a contender.

Reactions: PlushMinus

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
At this point I’m just hoping they don’t finish high enough to pick 15th or 16th. Would be the worst possible outcome.

Oh, I'm sorry, but that is exactly what is going to happen. I suck at predictions but this one seems like free money. They will miss the PO's by 1 spot, win the lottery and not move up enough to get Bedard, and 3/4 of this board will be screaming "I told you we should have tanked" for the next 8 years. Seriously, bet everything you have on this exact outcome.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Well F‘ing said. If they claw their way in, I will cheer my ass off like last night when they tied it up.
That would be bad for the franchise IMHO. They need an infusion of talent and a top 10 pick whether they take the player or use it as an asset is just the ticket. Making the playoffs just to get annihilated doesn’t help anything.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Because players don’t want to tank. And bad teams play each other too, see our next game.

This isn’t some up and coming team where you are improving and would be happy for the experience, or a middling franchise where it would be a win just to make it. This team is regressing and needs to make the most of this reset. This isn’t 1986 anymore, I’m no longer happy just to make the playoffs, I want a contender.
In the Playoffs anything can happen, esp. in the 1st round
maybe the opp's goalie/top star gets injured, maybe we get hot, get the healthiest we've been all season, Kuemper gets hot, Kuzy starts caring and we start rolling? wilder things have happened

Who could've predicted Halak v WSH in 2010, the Kings run in '14?, the Habs run, CBJ sweep v TBL in 2019, etc...
Every year an underdog gets a good start, some depth scoring, some great goaltending

What's almost always a guarantee is President Trophy winner doesn't win The Cup (2x since 04-05, with 5 1st rd. exits)

Ain't predicting shit, but we'll know if there's no Playoff chance over the next 3-4 gms, if we're out, it's likely we're going to finish around 12th worst (it's actually tough for a decent team to actively tank), IMO not much different if we go for it and fail and end up 13th, lol

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
was being sarcastic. Bench was shortened in third. Not just Mantha. He is just normally mostly invisible. Thats $5.7m the coach does not trust when the game is on the line.
Actually he was the only player benched starting about 4 minutes into the 3rd. Everyone else was getting shifts.
He didn't deserve the ice time with his play and lack of effort.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That would be bad for the franchise IMHO. They need an infusion of talent and a top 10 pick whether they take the player or use it as an asset is just the ticket. Making the playoffs just to get annihilated doesn’t help anything.

They can infuse if they’re beaten…

Hahahahahaha you got a loooooong wait for that….

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

I mean, what's the difference? Caps had (still have obviously) the greatest goal scorer of all time for a decade and teams that won Prez Trophies and could basically score at will--the very definition of a contender. But even still they ultimately just "made the playoffs" and lost in the first or second round and broke our hearts over and over, even worse for the fact that they were supposed to be The Real Thing.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
picking 32nd overall>>>>>>>picking 1st.

They're both longshots, 32nd being the longer shot.

But seriously, I'm just glad the Caps decided to start retooling and made the moves they made. But I love the playoffs, and I love watching the Caps play in it. And since the Caps basically checked (double tap) to try and get in, I can root for it. The only real stakes are picking in the mid teens, that would suck.

Hell a playoff run like 2012 would leave me extremely satisfied. f*** the Bruins.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
picking 32nd overall>>>>>>>picking 1st.

They're both longshots, 32nd being the longer shot.

But seriously, I'm just glad the Caps decided to start retooling and made the moves they made. But I love the playoffs, and I love watching the Caps play in it. And since the Caps basically checked (double tap) to try and get in, I can root for it. The only real stakes are picking in the mid teens, that would suck.

Hell a playoff run like 2012 would leave me extremely satisfied. f*** the Bruins.
It’s pick 10 or 15 who really cares if like most think we are trading it for help anyways. Dreams on a 3.5 chance won’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad