GDT: Caps and Sabres 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back IN!
3D40D9B0-90C9-4587-AC97-4682F850D50D.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Great to see the creaky under-performers in the first 2 periods - 8, 19, 43, and 92 - really step up in the 3rd. They - and Oshie - have that will to win in them, but it’s not as consistent and persistent as guys like Bergeron. And some or most of them may be more physically depleted. But seeing it flash tonight is inspiring

Reactions: Neil Racki

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What about the tank?

It’s in development right now. General Dynamics has been awarded a contract for a new, modern land-superiority vehicle to aid the Capitals attempts to win the draft lottery. It can only operate beteeen 70 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit and in 0% humidity. Each unit costs 50 billion dollars to build and 100 million dollars for each deployment. It’ll be ready in 8 years.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Enjoy winning some games. See what we have for next year. Most plahying for a job.

Alexyev continues to progress.
Sandin not a great game. But i like him a lot.
That was rough by Lindgren. We need to play him more to keep him fresh.

I really think we’ll be fine on dee. We have 6 to finish the year with Carlsson as 7th.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Sweet comeback. Random observations:

Wilson's tying goal was the first time in a while I audibly cheered. Winning is indeed more fun than tanking.

There is a lot of potential in the Cap's young defensemen. A few hiccups aside, these kids are good. Alexeyev had another strong game. His outlet passes are accurate and hard. Sandin's vision and passing is such a huge addition. He does get caught from time to time, but he really facilitates offense in a way this team hasn't had in a long time. Both aren't afraid to battle either.

Sheary and Oshie lost the puck a ton. Oshie gets a pass because of his absolutely filthy shootout goal.

Cool to see Ovechkin score off an awesome tip.

Still wish Mantha and Kuznetsov would play with more purpose near the boards. Sometimes the puck is just slightly out of reach and they just don't go for it. Insane.

Backstrom had a strong game. Looks better each game.

Lindgren wasn't at his best, but stopping both attempts in the shootout was huge.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I have a basic amazon fire tv in my bedroom, no cable but you can stream everything and one of the apps is the local NBCSW where I can watch Caps games in my bedroom. I normally will watch the second half or last period up there.

Last night it wanted me to create a NBC account for "three free credits" ... did NBCSW app change? Are they going "for pay" even though I have NBCSW through my cable provider?

Anyway .. wife was like "you can go downstairs and watch" bc i was constantly checking in on the game on my phone. IM like "nahh .. im good, were gonna lose, its cool"

f*** me .. wake up this morning to a Tommy Wilson late goal and an OT winner.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
e
Sweet comeback. Random observations:

Wilson's tying goal was the first time in a while I audibly cheered. Winning is indeed more fun than tanking.

There is a lot of potential in the Cap's young defensemen. A few hiccups aside, these kids are good. Alexeyev had another strong game. His outlet passes are accurate and hard. Sandin's vision and passing is such a huge addition. He does get caught from time to time, but he really facilitates offense in a way this team hasn't had in a long time. Both aren't afraid to battle either.

Sheary and Oshie lost the puck a ton. Oshie gets a pass because of his absolutely filthy shootout goal.

Cool to see Ovechkin score off an awesome tip.

Still wish Mantha and Kuznetsov would play with more purpose near the boards. Sometimes the puck is just slightly out of reach and they just don't go for it. Insane.

Backstrom had a strong game. Looks better each game.

Lindgren wasn't at his best, but stopping both attempts in the shootout was huge.

Mantha played last night? Didint notice him.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad