GDT: Caps and Sabres 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It’s pick 10 or 15 who really cares if like most think we are trading it for help anyways. Dreams on a 3.5 chance won’t help.
pick 10 is far more valuable than pick 15.

1679025669619.png

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I mean, what's the difference? Caps had (still have obviously) the greatest goal scorer of all time for a decade and teams that won Prez Trophies and could basically score at will--the very definition of a contender. But even still they ultimately just "made the playoffs" and lost in the first or second round and broke our hearts over and over, even worse for the fact that they were supposed to be The Real Thing.
Are you seriously asking what the difference is between the president trophy teams and this one?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Are you seriously asking what the difference is between the president trophy teams and this one?
I'm asking what real difference has it actuw made when it counts when the Caps have been a contender vs being a bubble team. The answer is not much.

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm asking what real difference has it actuw made when it counts when the Caps have been a contender vs being a bubble team. The answer is not much.
Yeah I was on board with you for that one. For the extent of the Ovechkin era the margin between contender and "another team in the playoffs" has been window dressing.

Reactions: Calicaps

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
That would be bad for the franchise IMHO. They need an infusion of talent and a top 10 pick whether they take the player or use it as an asset is just the ticket. Making the playoffs just to get annihilated doesn’t help anything.
This is a loser mentality and I hope nobody in the organization actually thinks like this. I hope everyone associates with the team wants to win more than anything else.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
There's a lot less nonsense from people that want the team to lose night after night so that we can draft some kid ninth overall who will end up just disappointing us when he finally gets on the ice in two years (setting up the incessant posts about why coach isn't playing this kid that kind of sucks actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad