Post-Game Talk: Caps and Candy Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I think we are going to need 5 goals to win this. 5-4 Caps.
I accidentally posted in the Canes GDT that this is looking like Caps 5-4.

Had a few good natured posts w/their fans but didn't take long for a Candy Canes to post (cringe) that Ovi hasn't been past 2nd round.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I accidentally posted in the Canes GDT that this is looking like Caps 5-4.

Had a few good natured posts w/their fans but didn't take long for a Candy Canes to post (cringe) that Ovi hasn't been past 2nd round.

They're nice guys, it's just a friendly jab. I am here to remind any Canes fan that they still haven't made the playoffs in this soon to be over decade.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
They're nice guys, it's just a friendly jab. I am here to remind any Canes fan that they still haven't made the playoffs in this soon to be over decade.
Easy, they seem like a decent group.
But TBH these Caps/Ovi playoff references every GD reg season game are cringe worthy. The most bizarre, actually funny, are Leafs fans chirping about SCs. Seriously?!

Didn't know off the top of my head that Canes non playoff run was that long. Give me a contender more often than not than a lone SC and bust. Nobody is catching up w/Habs and a few of the others anytime soon.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Doesn't look like flightless birds want to visit the Metro cellar. Beating Philly 4-1 in their own building :oops:

And go Blues.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Their response to that is too easy.

Top-10-Carolina-Hurricanes-Playoff-Moments.jpg

We're pretty much only allowed to make fun of St. Louis, San Jose, Vancouver, Columbus, and Phoenix at this point.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Their response to that is too easy.
<snip>
We're pretty much only allowed to make fun of St. Louis, San Jose, Vancouver, Columbus, and Phoenix at this point.
I don't go by the "it's only about SCs" view. Then Montreal is always the "best". The reg season means more than a bit to me. It determines most of a players compensation and the leagues core revenue.

I'd rather experience the Caps of this century than a team that has a fortuitous playoff run every few generation then spends most of the time away from the post season. As you probably know that franchise goes back to the Hartford era. YMMV ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad