Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Wild-Caps visit BB's new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They just need to quit with the offsides review.

Meanwhile, was there any post game reporting on what exactly happened to Wilson? The Wild broadcast said he was leaking before they fought. The replay looks like Stewart hit him with his stick trying to get him to stop skating away and engage him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Eller is a steady force.
He may go the whole month without a point. He's a steady force in the way that a plug is a steady force...completely unremarkable. IINM after every single goal scored the Beagle line was on for the ensuing faceoff. Hard to expect that dynamic to change much in the final seven regular season games heading into the playoffs. The Beagle line is trusted while Eller's is increasingly a marginalized soft minute scoring line without any juice. So much for improved depth.

It's hard to grind anyone down when lines don't have any base level confidence going. It's not a good look and makes them far easier a team to play against. It's back to team defense, special teams and somehow piecing it together when they ought to have far more reliable offensive execution generally. They can't revert back to being so concerned with messing up the opposition's timing that theirs also becomes a frustrating struggle.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
3 is not a checking line by any stretch. If its not scoring, it's meh at best.

We wanted 3 scoring lines to copy Pitt 2016, and here we are. Only, they just spread out their scorers more than anything IINM. Blind squirrel finding a nut.

It's nice to see our PP Turret back online
giphy.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
In his last 12 games he has 2 goals and 1 assist. That's not acceptable if you expect the Caps to go very far in the playoffs. Beagle has 3pts in his last 12.

Last season Kuzy went ice cold for 25 games or more. Did nothing in the playoffs. But there were some here that said he actually was playing fine. His first 20 games this season was more of the same but he broke out and ran 40 games at 42pts. Now suddenly 3pts in 12 games. If he does that in the playoffs, the Caps will struggle.

Quick compare. last 12. Kuzy 3pts, Johansson 9pts, Williams 5pts.

Johansson has been great on the PP but he and Williams have both struggled at even strength recently, probably more than Kuznetsov IMO. I think some sort of shuffle on the second line might be necessary soon (maybe flipping Wilson and Williams?)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Johansson has been great on the PP but he and Williams have both struggled at even strength recently, probably more than Kuznetsov IMO. I think some sort of shuffle on the second line might be necessary soon (maybe flipping Wilson and Williams?)

I wouldn't flip them, no. As I've stated a few times, I would simply move Wilson to 2RW and drop everyone else a slot. Line 3 isn't playing well anyway, so let Williams work w Eller and Bura. Connolly hasn't done much lately (at all), so he can play 4RW.

I'd also mix up the bottom 4 dmen.
Carlson - Orpik/Schmidt
Shattenkirk - Alzner

ASAP. See what happens.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
that was outside the blueline, then he stopped handling it until it was onside again

That's like saying a soccer player dribbling doesn't have control of the ball. So does a player moving the puck from forehand to backhand not have possession, because it stops touching the stick for a moment.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
That's like saying a soccer player dribbling doesn't have control of the ball. So does a player moving the puck from forehand to backhand not have possession, because it stops touching the stick for a moment.

Yeah, this. The whole argument is ridiculous.

deadpenguin

Mar 27, 2017
This Ovi-Oshie goal totals battle has been very entertaining to watch

Man, I remember when we traded for Oshie and there were people spouting off that he wouldn't be any better than Brouwer for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad