Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Wild-Caps visit BB's new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

animositynow

Mar 4, 2012
does anybody know which tendy will be starting tonight? I am guessing Holtby since we have the wild today and Gruby for tomorrow against the league worst avalanche.

need to know for my fantasy pool. in the championship matchup and I am banking on the caps to start the road trip big and win both games.

if its hotlby tonight, I can start Holtby against the wild and add Grubauer for a hopeful win and solid performance against the avs!

go caps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
does anybody know which tendy will be starting tonight? I am guessing Holtby since we have the wild today and Gruby for tomorrow against the league worst avalanche.

need to know for my fantasy pool. in the championship matchup and I am banking on the caps to start the road trip big and win both games.

if its hotlby tonight, I can start Holtby against the wild and add Grubauer for a hopeful win and solid performance against the avs!

go caps

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1130665

link in op

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
maybe he will turtle on us. I heard they are on a little cold streak of late.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Getting the start on Tuesday night against the Wild, Holtby is one win shy of reaching 40 wins for the third consecutive season — which would make him just the third goaltender in NHL history to accomplish that feat. Joining him in that exclusive club are Martin Brodeur (2005-08) and Evgeni Nabokov (2007-10).

“It shows consistency, I guess,†Holtby said. “I don’t know. It’s just one of those goals that you set at the start of the year and try to get there.â€

Holtby would become the sixth goaltender in NHL history to post three career 40-win seasons, joining Brodeur (8), Miikka Kiprusoff (3), Nabokov (3), Jacques Plante (3) and Terry Sawchuk (3). Holtby’s 39 wins this season are the fourth-most in Capitals history and he has now posted three of the top four winningest seasons by a Washington goaltender.

Holtby leads the NHL in shutouts (8) this season, ranks second in goals against average (2.01) and wins (39) and tied for second in save percentage (.927), likely to be a Vezina Trophy finalist again. His best seasons have come under Coach Barry Trotz, but Minnesota’s Bruce Boudreau, a former Capitals coach, saw the potential for this kind of consistency immediately.

per washington post

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Man that felt like a score as soon as Ovie chased down that puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad