Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs Sharks - 1/14/14 7:00 PM - Caps Lose 1-2 (SO)

ryan519*

rofl this team is terrible.

everyone was expecting us to get blown out by the sharks, but we kept pace with them throughout the whole game and we played a great game

we lost in the Pejorative Slured shootout but yea, we're terrible, sure

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
everyone was expecting us to get blown out by the sharks, but we kept pace with them throughout the whole game and we played a great game

we lost in the Pejorative Slured shootout but yea, we're terrible, sure

Who was expecting that? Vegas wasn't. Not surprised at all we did enough to keep it close and lose. I was however expecting more goals from both sides.

ryan519*

sometimes i wonder if some of the people in here actually watch the games, we had the upper hand for most of it, and if it didnt have to be decided by some lame ass shootout and instead went to extended OT like it should, i bet we wouldve won

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Despite losing this game I am not mad or upset. Caps played a good possession game against a good possession team. There were a lot of positives in this game for the team, and you can't just push those aside.

Would it be nice to beat San Jose at home, yeah, but thats not the way it unfolded tonight

ryan519*

Despite losing this game I am not mad or upset. Caps played a good possession game against a good possession team. There were a lot of positives in this game for the team, and you can't just push those aside.

Would it be nice to beat San Jose at home, yeah, but thats not the way it unfolded tonight

Exactly. and on the plus side, the rangers didnt get any points tonight

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Does anyone have any information as to why Oates shuffled the lines again and broke up 16-84-8?

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Does anyone else find it amusingly ironic that we left behind "coin-flip hockey" with Hunter, and now with Oates we're on pace to set an NHL record for shootouts in a season? And by a fair margin too - we're on pace for 25, previous high is 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad