Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs Sabres - 1/12/14 3:00 PM - Caps Lose 1-2 (SO)

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Well refs evened up the game by calling penalties one way. Reffing in this league needs to be investigated.

butters8814*

This team is really pathetic, buffalo is really worthless garbage, and you lose to them twice? Great job guys.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
That stupid ****ing runt Ennis is a POS. He looks directly at Ward, clips him they score.

Last edited by a moderator:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Poor Backstrom has to be saddled with Brouwer and Laich. Brouwer has no right to be in the top 6 at this point.

Backstrom seemed to fit well in that line in this game. They were all terrible and Backstrom was bad on the PP and OT aswell.

Too many players took the day off.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Honestly
I'll take the point.

The Sabres usually play us pretty well. Some teams just have others' numbers

(Looking at this post 20 min. later makes this team look even more pathetic lol)

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
iUHojVpPvrnUF.gif

So here's Brouwers "penalties." Girgensons holds his leg right in front of the referee and shoving him is roughing apparently, but holding a leg isn't a penalty.

Then its pretty clear the stick wasn't even close to his face.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
If that stick wasn't close to the face then what was it close to?

So the refs lost the game?

Brouwer needs a demotion.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks for reminding us what a FRANCHISE #1 looks like Miller. Stole the game, assist zebras.

Is that 3 decent/good games in a row for Green?

Last edited:

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks for reminding us what a FRANCHISE #1 looks like Miller. Stole the game, assist zebras.

Is that 3 decent/good games in a row for Green?

Its good to see him playing better. But, its not even close to justifying 4x29 he will get if he stays. :shakehead

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Not for 3 games you're right. If he has a nice little 10 game run he'll be top-5 in D scoring and all bets are off.

That would be great another four years of a #1D that does not play anything close to a #1D in his own end. But that does not matter. As long as he gets some points the fan boys will still be in love. Makes me sick.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Annoying game. I thought Caps weren't bad 5-on-5, but not exactly great either -- against a mediocre team, which makes you wonder... It's not like the Caps as a team were not trying, or were killing themselves with stupid mistakes... they just seemed to be no better than the Sabres most of the game. And when you think about it, right now all they have is an experimental 1st line and two decent grinding lines -- which a lot of teams can match.. It's so stupid to mis-utilize/banish players like MP & Erat, who could've given you that bit of extra talent to get separation from other teams -- and who actually work just as hard as your stone-handed "hard-workers".

I watched Carrick more closely, and ok, he made some nice skating plays. I don't mind developing a guy like that given the alternatives.

Laich kept turning the puck over.. if him and Brouwer had just slightly better hands, Backstrom's line might've been able to really cycle. But they don't..

Top line had trouble getting untracked, but turned it on in the 3rd, only to be stuffed by Miller. Not an excuse, but it's annoying to constantly see them skate with the bottom D pairing. I really don't get why they're not with Green and Orlov as much as possible.

My other thought was, this is the kind of close game that your stars have to win. Miller held the Caps' stars off the scoreboard..

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
having a few decent/good games isnt anywhere near being the player he was.....he's still diggin his way out of a stretch of bad play. Still not earning his paycheck

Can't disagree, just noting something positive with him for a change. Not like he'll be taking a paycut if he's top 5 on D scoring, just sayin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad